HP Inc. is seeking to recruit a Government Relations manager for the Global Strategy Program (GSP) with a focus on cybersecurity and tech policy. GSP is part of the Government Relations team and focuses on long-term political megatrends and policy analysis.
The GR manager, in partnership with internal stakeholders, is responsible for coordinating the development of global cybersecurity and data policy positions, being a liaison with the Privacy Office, CTO, HP Labs and business units. The GR Manager will also be responsible to help developing policy positions by aligning internally and externally with subject matter experts.
The position will report to the Head of GRs Global Strategy Program. The key responsibilities include:
- Develop positions and influencing strategy on cybersecurity, data and other tech policy issues in key markets
- Contribute to the Enterprise Risk Management process on non-tariff market access barrier risks related to cybersecurity and tech policy
- Regularly update cybersecurity and tech policy positions and assist the Government Relations team to distribute actionable content for use by advocacy teams inside and outside of Government Relations
- Monitor legislation and consult with regional GR teams and subject-matter experts to determine HP’s position
- Grow the network of relationships in key jurisdictions important to cybersecurity and tech policy
- Ensure all activities are conducted according to HP’s Standards of Business Conduct.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in a government relations or public affairs role
- Deep knowledge of cybersecurity and data policy issues
- Experience leading the development and implementation of government relations strategies for political organizations and/or companies
- Experience working in a business environment, providing advice and counsel to senior management and presenting to senior level boards and committees
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills and a proven track record of producing high quality content and materials
- Experience in executive communications
- Outstanding organizational abilities including the capacity to manage government relations functions regionally, and manage several different workstreams at one time
- Experience of providing Government Relations advice and support to businesses and/or organizations competing for public sector business is desired
- Enjoys a fast-paced and collaborative workplace and comfortable with virtual communications
- Fluency in English, other languages are an asset, in particular Chinese
- Some travel required
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org