Located within the Grants Department in Washington D.C. and working closely with HQ Programs, Finance, Operations, and Country Offices, the Senior Program Officer supports compliance and administration of SAMS grant-funded and privately-funded programs. Core tasks include: maintaining a grant management system, contract preparation and review, partner/sub-award management, and preparation for external audits. The Senior Program Officer is also responsible for promoting organizational compliance with donor regulations, through delivery of training and responding to day-to-day requests for support in contract interpretation, preparation of compliance trackers, and through performing spot checks.
Contract Review and Preparation
· Lead internal review of incoming award documentation, MOUs, and contracts, in close coordination with HQ Programs, Finance, Operations, and Country Offices, ensuring the review process is performed timely and in the best interest of SAMS
· Draft award documentation for implementing partners (grantees and sub-grantees), according to activity scope and assessed organizational capacity
Administration of Programs and Partnerships
· Maintain a grant-management system, through which to track all key related information/documentation for active and closed awards, including but not limited to, grant documents, extensions, modifications, donor reporting, contracts, sub-agreements, MoUs, key correspondence, and other relevant documents;
· Prepare compliance trackers and convene kickoff meetings related to new awards, ensuring that Country Offices have all of the necessary knowledge and tools required to manage programs, in compliance with donor regulations
· Participate in final review of proposal packages, to ensure compliance with donor requirements
· Participate in the preparation for external audits, and assist in addressing internal and/or external audit queries;
· Support Country Offices in the partner/sub-grantee selection process, through review of pre-award self-assessments and organizational capacity assessments;
· Support Country Offices in partner/sub-grantee monitoring and tracking of compliance issues, from start-up through to close-out of awards.
· Support completion of donor and partner due diligence processes, in coordination with HQ Operations and Country Offices
· Review and support preparation of incident reporting to donors and track follow-up actions
· Deliver training on donor regulations and advise relevant staff and management on donor compliance issues;
· Provide expertise to the Programs, Operations and Finance departments at HQ and Country Offices to ensure consistent compliance and reporting as per regulations/donor requirements;
· Perform spot checks at the Country Office level to ensure that internal controls/SOPs are being followed, and to ensure that award-specific supporting documentation related to programs and operations is adequately maintained.
· Support HQ departments to strengthen internal controls and risk mitigation mechanisms related to grant management, HR, finance and procurement, in close coordination with Country Offices
Perform other duties as assigned.
· University/Baccalaureate degree in related field required. Masters or Advanced Degree preferred.
· At least four years of relevant work experience - preferably with international NGOs and/or community-based organizations
· In-depth knowledge of 2 CFR 200 and experience with regulations of major donor agencies such as USAID, U.S. Department of State, EU, DFID preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including drafting project proposals and reports.
· Strong financial management skills, including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
· Demonstrated experience in both contract preparation/review and sub-grant management
· Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public
· A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure
· Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work
· Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach
· Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
· Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet.
· Knowledge of the Arabic language and/or the Middle East region is desired but not required.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org