Forte International Exchange Association is a non-profit organization designated as a secondary student exchange program sponsor by the Department of State. The Operations Coordinator will work with a diverse team to fulfill the program goal of promoting friendship and understanding between Americans and people from other cultures.
• To follow the exchange program guidelines and operational procedures in line with changes in Department of State (DOS) rule and regulations
• Liaising and working together with international partners to ensure a pleasant experience for all exchange students
• Liaising with DOS and providing reports as required
• Maintain the Forte website to keep it fresh with new photos and information
• Maintain Forte’s social media presence through Facebook and Instagram
• Send out monthly e-newsletters to current host families and field staff through Constant Contacts
• To review and process students’ applications and make sure all exchange students we accept can meet the program’s requirement
• To interview exchange students from select countries and ensure their English proficiency to have a successful exchange program in the US
• To cooperate with field staff to resolve conflicts /issues concerning host families, schools and exchange students. To prepare counselling reports, probation letters and other related reports.
• To work as a team and assist other office staff with their work if needed.
• Create outreach materials as needed for field staff for the sole purpose of locating volunteer host families
• To maintain all files in our database and Filemaker for at least three years, to ensure accuracy for DOS’ audit
• A bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, international relations, management or other related fields is required and a master’s degree is preferred
• Being well educated on or willing to learn DOS rules and regulations concerning J1 exchange programs in general and high school exchange program in particular
• Cultural sensitivity and multi-cultural experience
• Must be able to deal with diverse stakeholders, i.e., exchange students and natural parents, foreign partners, host families, local schools, DOS, etc. and be able to exercise sound judgment, great tactics and extreme patience
• Strong oral communication skills
• Strong writing skills
• Strong conflict-resolution skills
• Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
Please email resume with cover letter.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org