Muslim Advocates is seeking a Development Associate to play a key role with our development team. Candidates should be thoughtful, compassionate and able to engage in successful donor interactions and strategies. Looking for strong problem-solvers and detail-oriented individuals with above-average organizational and verbal and written communication skills, who can take the initiative, multi-task, manage time wisely to meet multiple deadlines and priorities, conduct research, think creatively and be a team player. Ability to work well alone and under supervision and demonstrate a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters. Our team is based in Washington, DC. During COVID, this will be a remote position.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Development Associate …
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards donors and prospects at levels typically less than $1,000, including individuals, corporations, and/or foundations through verbal, written and other forms of direct personal contact.
- Assists in the planning, development, implementation, reporting and evaluation of fundraising projects and programs, such as major donor campaigns, sponsorships, special appeals, fundraising events, and other revenue generating streams.
- Maintains, enters, updates and ensures the accuracy and integrity of donor and prospects information in Salesforce and as needed troubleshoots database issues.
- Prepares acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Assists with the creation and finalization of mailing, e-blast and invitation lists.
- Researches information and compiles reports and dashboards on donors, identifies prospects and aligned funding interests.
- Assists with planning and implementing all in person and virtual events; provides support to various committees; works on assignment/needs for each event; assists with executing on-site and virtual electronic/technical logistics
- Assists in scheduling events and meetings with prospective funders and donors.
- Assists in creating and managing development calendars, schedules and timelines.
- Interacts with staff, development colleagues, and external constituents to ensure effective coordination of programs, projects, events and activities.
- Assists with researching, writing, editing, and overseeing the preparation of persuasive, accurate, and grammatically and syntactically correct solicitations, proposals, case statements, reports, correspondence, and other development-related communication materials as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- 1 - 3 years of professional experience.
- Strong database skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org