The Shaikh Group (TSG) is seeking to hire a full-time Grant Officer to join the team.
We are looking for an expert in this field that will work to research and proactively analyze prospective grantors among foundations, government agencies, and corporations; to match the interests and preferences of funding sources to the needs of our organization.
The Grant Officer will report to and collaborate with TSG’s Executive level Management in developing strategies aligned to funding trends worldwide to maximize potential funding.
- Researches and proactively analyzes prospective grantors among foundations, government agencies, and corporations; to match the interests and preferences of funding sources to the needs of the nonprofit.
- Gathers and/or drafts supporting information and data to prepare letters of inquiry, proposals, and applications for funding to all foundation, government, and corporation prospects according to their guidelines for application
- Assesses potential funding partners based on evaluation and funding criteria
- Approaches, develops and cultivates long-term effective working relationships with representatives of private foundations, government offices, and corporations in order to promote/negotiate grant opportunities; follows up regularly on grant applications and opportunities
- Maintains records on potential and current funders regarding meetings, communications, proposals, grants, and reports. Schedules and tracks all proposals, reports, etc
- Develops reports on progress status of proposals and grants received, requested, denied and pending; prepares and files periodic management progress reports with grant funding sources in a timely manner; monitors calendar to ensure timely submission of required information
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships including the ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Collaborates with Executive level leadership in developing strategies aligned to funding trends worldwide to maximize potential funding
- A university degree in relevant discipline
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Professional work experience including prior grants management, sponsored research and/or contract administration experience
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience interacting with government and private agencies
- Excellent representational and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and other computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical skills necessary to identify and assess credibility of organizations eligible of grants
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills with the ability to quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks with short deadlines
- Strong budgeting and financial forecasting skills, including experience in preparing business plans
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with supervisors, peers, subordinates, and client personnel
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness
- Fluency in English and strong English writing skills is required
- Excellent data gathering skills and the ability to creatively solve problems and formulate/implement process improvements
- Ability to travel as required.
- Experience working with processes and principles related to federal, state and/or private grant programs and contract administration
Location: flexible (within Europe).
Salary: commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a motivation letter and CV
by 01-Dec-2020 to: [email protected]
To learn more about TSG, go to www.shaikhgroup.org