The Climate Alliance European Secretariat is seeking a Project Manager to join its highly motivated and multinational team in Brussels on a full-time basis (initial 2-year contract with possibility of extension).
Climate Alliance is looking for an experienced project manager to support its team in the areas of climate (mitigation, adaptation) and/or energy (energy efficiency, energy poverty) – in particular to work on Covenant-Europe-related activities. His/her tasks will include:
- Assisting the development/management of EU-funded projects and/or service contracts (e.g. H2020) - at various stages (project idea generation, application, implementation, closure);
- Timely achievement of project activities and deliverables according to projects plan – in particular the Covenant of Mayors – Europe (see below);
- Drafting technical and/or financial reports;
- Supporting policy advocacy towards European Institutions and stakeholders;
- Representing Climate Alliance at ad-hoc events, fostering relations with relevant partners;
- Ensuring synergies with related projects and working groups as well as related policy work carried out by Climate Alliance;
- Assisting the Climate Alliance team in any other daily activities of the association.
COVENANT OF MAYORS – EUROPE:
- Supporting the daily management of the initiative as well as the liaison with project partners and beneficiaries;
- Coordinating the organisation of theme- and/or country-specific events (workshops, webinars…);
- Drafting Covenant-related publications, reports, materials;
- Representing the Covenant of Mayors in conferences and technical meetings;
- Ensuring the timely delivery of other project deliverables (incl. communication, capacity building and learning activities for cities across Europe);
- Supporting the Covenant of Mayors team in management tasks related to the Covenant daily operation (e.g. contribution to steering committee meetings, periodic reporting to the European Commission).
- At least 5 years of postgraduate professional experience;
- Experience in the management of EU funded projects (preferably in the field of energy and climate);
- A Master’s Degree in relevant field (e.g. environment, energy, climate change, urban and regional planning, EU policy);
- Good knowledge of EU policy in the field of climate and energy;
- Excellent communication skills (written and public-speaking formats);
- Excellent and proven managerial, organisational and teamwork skills, ability to multitask;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Willingness to travel within the EU.
- Experience working with/for local authorities;
- Expertise in adaptation to climate change and/or energy poverty at local level;
- Experience in event organisation and management;
- Experience working in an international environment, particularly working across different cultures and languages;
- Proficiency/very good command in other EU languages.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org