The Area Coordinator is responsible for oversight of all programmes, operations, and safety and security of all staff under his/her area of responsibility. The Area Coordinator represents PUI to local stakeholders including authorities, donors, NGOs and other actors, monitors and analyses the humanitarian context and assesses needs accordingly in order to inform programmatic strategy.
At the time being, PUI activities in Central and South Iraq are concentrated in Baghdad and Anbar Governorates and operations managed through three bases in Baghdad, Ramadi and Haditha.
- Safety: In collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Area Coordinator is responsible for the safety and security of all PUI staff, assets, and premises under his/her areas of operation.
- Human Resources: S/he indirectly supervises all the teams under his/her area of responsibility, composed of national and international staff. S/he supports in the recruitments of CSI team, briefings of new staff and HR and ensures the needed follow-up.
- Assessment/Strategy: S/he proactively monitors the context and humanitarian needs under his/her areas of responsibility, proposes, designs, and leads assessments and the development of appropriate interventions. S/he participates actively in the mission wide strategy development.
- Programmes: S/he is accountable for an adequate definition and efficient implementation of the projects which are under the responsibility of the Deputy Area Coordinator for Programmes, and the Project managers at base level.
- Representation: S/he Represent PUI within Iraq to partners, donors and duty bearers, and to promote an optimal operational space for pursuing PUI’s strategic priorities in coordination with all relevant entities, espeically government authorities in Baghdad
- Fundraising: S/he assists the Head of Mission and Deputy Head of Mission Programmes in donor relations and identification of fundraising opportunities, especially in his/her area of responsibility.
- Coordination: S/he centralizes and disseminates information from/to the area and consolidates the internal and external reporting activities implemented in his/her field of operations before submitting them to the Head of Mission and Coordination. S/he ensures effective communication and dissemination of information between the area under her supervision and Coordination, among the field team and bases of operations.
Focus on 3 priority activities related to the context of the mission:
- Launching new needs and security assessments with the aim of enlarging the area of intervention of PUI in CSI.
- Ensuring high quality of programming by strengthening the integration of MEAL activities and findings in all sectors of intervention.
- Improving capitalization by implementing and following-up on lessons learnt and recommendations
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social science, politics science, program management, international development preferred
- Security and safety management
- At least 5 years of experience in the humanitarian field. in multi-sectorial projects development and implementation;
- At least 2 years of experience as Field Coo/Head of Base
- Strong experience in Budget/Finance Management (cost-efficiency);
- Strong experience of managing logistical processes;
- Experience working with a variety of donors;
- Experience in Safety Management
- Skills and experience in developing of national staff capacity;
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Team Management
- Project Management skills
- External representation and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Health programming
- Security management and context follow-up
- Pack Office
English is mandatory, Arabic and Kurdish are desirable.
Mobility: The Area Coordinator will be based in Baghdad though required to travel frequently within the country (including to Erbil, PUI Iraq’s Coordination office) and especially to bases under his/her area of responsibility; Haditha and Ramadi
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org