European Affairs Policy Officer (Contrat à durée indéterminée) Starting date: Early January 2021
Experience: Graduated with 5 years work experience
The International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP) is looking for an intern to support its European Affairs Policy team based in Brussels. The selected candidate will be fully embedded with the team and will have the opportunity to gather experience in understanding EU Energy, Climate & Environmental policy, and regulations.
- Monitor and identify emerging EU policy and regulatory developments dealing with EU Emission Trading System (ETS), Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) and energy markets or Climate and Environmental policies.
- Assist the team and IOGP members in gathering and maintaining up-to-date information.
- Support the team by preparing background briefs and other materials (presentations, evaluations, minutes etc.) for the IOGP meetings and events.
- Gather technical input and information from relevant IOGP’s groups and other associations
- for advocacy purposes.
- Master’s degree (Economics, Science, European Law, European Affairs, Political Science);
- Have excellent command of written and spoken English (native or equivalent). Mastery of another EU language (French in particular) is a strong plus;
- Work experience in EU institutions or business association would be a strong plus;
- Interest for the oil & gas industry and global energy developments;
- Awareness of ongoing EU energy, climate and environmental policy discussions;
- Ability to turn complex, sometimes technical information into concise, simple messages;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Robust drafting abilities;
- Positive and problem-solving attitude;
- Willingness to learn fast and juggle between numerous tasks;
- Eye for detail – spot what everyone else had missed;
- Ability to find and extract information under short deadlines;
- Calm and resilient under occasionally stressful situations;
- Can work as part of the team, proactively offering help and new ideas to more senior team members;
- Be computer-proficient (Microsoft office software).
What we offer
- Experience in EU-oriented advocacy work
- Dealing with IOGP members (oil and gas companies)
- Exposure to a broad range of energy, climate and environmental issues
- Room for initiative and growth
- Being part of a dynamic, young and positive spirit team
Please send your CV + cover letter in English by 4th December to Maria Karagiannidou-Rosiek ([email protected]) and Thierry Bros ([email protected]).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org