Airlink is a humanitarian organization that harnesses the power of the aviation sector and vetted nonprofits to deliver disaster responders and humanitarian aid in the aftermath of natural and man-made disasters. Airlink has a global partner network of more than 130 nonprofits and over 50 airlines worldwide, and responds to an average of 25 disasters and humanitarian crises each year.
The Communications Associate reports to the Director of Communications and will coordinate communications efforts, including continuously generating content before, during, and after responses to disasters. The Associate will be responsible for developing a comprehensive marketing communications plan that drives Airlink’s brand in both the aviation and NGO communities, and supports organizational objectives through storytelling, with a significant focus on fundraising. In addition, the Associate will help design and implement all external-facing marketing and communications content, including the generation of collateral through the use of Airlink’s website, social media, email marketing, conference and trade events, media, and other channels as appropriate.
Washington, D.C. based applicants preferred.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop engaging original written content in a high-energy, ever-changing environment.
- Actively participate in the creation of social media posts, blogs, and website content to highlight Airlink’s work and drive fundraising.
- Use analytics to identify, build, motivate, and grow key audiences to support organizational goals.
- Drive the creation, delivery (including editing), and distribution of video content.
- Identify, build, and develop relationships with journalists, aviation professionals, and humanitarian authorities.
- Produce standardized content for broad use throughout the organization.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure deliverables are met, including managing laterally and upwards throughout the organization.
This is a hands-on position. We’re looking for a self-starter, a communicator, an engaging storyteller, and a practical communications generalist ready to drive audience engagement with Airlink. Due to the nature of Airlink’s mission in support of disaster response, there will occasionally be an expectation to work extended hours or on weekends and holidays, with limited advance notice.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline.
- Prior work experience in communications and/or marketing (3-5 years).
- Passion for Airlink’s mission.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English, including experience writing and editing.
- Demonstrable track record of creating engaging content, including the writing of articles, blog posts, and press releases.
- Experience managing marketing campaigns via social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Previous success developing and growing audiences with proven performance metrics.
- Familiarity with paid and earned media.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep multiple projects moving forward.
- Working knowledge of podcasting, YouTube, and WordPress.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, with a balanced focus on personal accountability and team collaboration and goals.
- Willingness to travel within the U.S. and internationally on an occasional basis, dependent on communications requirements.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States is required.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated ability using Salesforce and MailChimp for communications and marketing purposes.
- Understanding of concepts around collecting, segmenting and utilizing stakeholder data.
- Expertise with key concepts including inbound marketing, acquisition strategies, content creation strategies, and integration of associated platforms.
- Familiarity with Powerpoint, Adobe, Canva, Animoto, or similar design tools.
- Prior work experience with creating social media grids and other communications planning documents.
- Donor marketing experience preferred.
- 75% company-paid health benefits, including dental and vision for employees.
- Competitive 401(k) matching.
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year, flexible sick leave and paid parental leave.
- Cell phone with international service
Please email your resume and cover letter to Andrew Williams, Director of Communications. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, however preference will be given to applications received by close of business on Friday, January 15, 2021. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org