Meridian International Center seeks a collaborative and strategic Digital Marketing Coordinator to create content and execute strategy across Meridian’s digital and social channels that reaches targeted audiences and grows sustained engagement through compelling, creative tactics while positioning Meridian’s brand, mission and work as esteemed, credible, and trusted. This role is primarily responsible for designing and implementing creative, data-driven marketing strategies for each distribution channel, producing daily digital and social media content, maintaining editorial calendars, and coordinating digital and social content needs across the organization. Meridian is a nonpartisan diplomacy non-profit that strengthens engagement between the U.S. and the world through over 500 programs a year, driven by a staff of 100-115. This position will be remote until further notice, but D.C., Maryland, or Virginia residency is required.
All candidates must possess:
· 3+ years of full-time digital content marketing experience with an emphasis on social media in a non-profit, government, political campaign or small-to-medium sized company.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Digital Media, Marketing or related fields; or any equivalent combination of training, education, and/or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Strong English writing and editing skills and detail-oriented proofreader, with ability to tailor content for social media, website, blog, email newsletter, email marketing, etc.
· Strong planning and project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and ability to deliver fast turnaround on deadline.
· In-depth knowledge of digital and social media platforms and their respective functions, algorithms and user types to design successful social media campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, among other media platforms.
· Analytical, strategic and creative marketing skills, with the ability to translate data into action plans that elevate audience engagement and advance fundraising and revenue growth goals.
· Proven ability to curate, create and compose compelling written, visual and multimedia content for social media and digital platforms published in a timely way with viral potential.
· Graphic design experience in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva or other programs for digital and social media campaigns.
· Knowledge and experience working with Salesforce and Pardot to manage online email communications.
· Broad understanding and interest in foreign and domestic policy issues driving today's world and news; understanding of the Washington influencer and social landscape.
· Strong inter-cultural communication skills; maturity, cultural sensitivity, and tact suitable for working with individuals from around the world.
· Proficiency in the following software programs is necessary for this role: Microsoft Office Suite; Basic HTML and WordPress, as well as SEO (SEM, CRO and PPC is a plus); Pardot and Salesforce; Google Analytics and Google Ads; Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Light Room, Stock)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org