The Water.org Mexico Operations Consultant will be responsible for the following objectives:
- Support the ongoing operations of Water.org in Mexico and its partners with weekly check-ins, and assist in training sessions, delivering tools and materials as needed.
- Network with potential Water.org partners and stakeholders to create a robust list of institutions interested in collaboration with Water.org.
- Conduct due diligence on potential partners and support Water.org’s Mexico representative in cultivating new partnerships, including project plans and budgets.
- Identify training and technical assistance needs of our stakeholders in the country and facilitate the process of creating those materials.
- Act as direct support for Water.org’s country representative – assistance with stakeholders and in attending important sector events as needed.
- Conduct monthly performance reports for each of our projects in the country for internal and external reporting purposes.
The assignment will require frequent interaction with counterparts in financial institutions and WSS suppliers such as municipal governments, district governments and WSS suppliers. Travel within Mexico will be required to accomplish the responsibilities of this assignment.
The Consultant is expected to communicate regularly with the US‐based Latin American Regional team, and document progress toward a list of country objectives.
- Create list of stakeholders and potential partners to target for future WaterCredit implementation
- Support the country representative in cultivating relationships with potential partners for WaterCredit implementation
- Understand WaterCredit model and develop tools to communicate the model with potential partners
- Develop work plans and proposals for WaterCredit implementation in conjunction with partners and other stakeholders
- Represent Water.org at national and local WSS and microfinance events and in meetings with sector stakeholders and donor visits, as needed
- Identify training and technical assistance needs of current stakeholders and facilitate the process of creating those materials. Participate in trainings as needed.
- Help keep Water.org global staff apprised on trends in WSS and microfinance sectors in Mexico
- Support country representative in engaging and cooperating with sector stakeholders such as local and national government, WSS product manufacturers, water service providers and WSS NGOs operating in Mexico
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, anthropology, international relations, or related field required; relevant Master’s degree strongly preferred but not required.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in the private, public or non-profit sectors in related activities is required.
- Required native fluency in Spanish, preferred fluency in English.
- Knowledge and experience with microfinance and/or WSS is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with the activities required for loan product development and scaling a plus
- Proven ability to effectively design and manage technical assistance or capacity building programs, particularly in the financial or WSS sectors.
- Minimum of three years of experience managing projects and tracking activities and expenditures against work‐plan and budget
- Experience in creating strategic plans in new markets and products in a new market a plus.
- Experience with donor‐funded international development initiatives a plus.
- Experience in product development and Human-Centered Design (HCD) a strong plus
- Innovative mindset oriented toward constructive problem‐solving and collaboration with stakeholders from various sectors.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and ability to multi‐task and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to travel within Mexico, and possibly other countries in Latin America and the United States, as needed.
It will be an advantage for the candidate to also have:
- Banking or financial sector consulting experience
- Experience in training staff or implementing training programs
The assignment will be remunerated on a time plus expenses basis on delivery and acceptance of outputs by the Senior Financial Sector Specialist.
The consultancy assignment will be for 24 months, and is expected to start as soon as possible. Upon satisfactory performance and continued funding, this assignment may be extended for an additional 12-month extension.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org