It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
Leads a team of staff responsible for a revenue portfolio driven by priority relationships, account management, events, and fundraising activities with accountability for million-dollar plus income targets, as well as mission and advocacy integration. Ensures team goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of diverse partners, constituents, and volunteers.
- Manages, coaches, develops, and trains a team of development staff, each responsible for substantial account and revenue portfolios.
- Accountable for the team’s achievement of significant revenue targets for a portfolio of priority relationships, account management, fundraising activities and events
- Ensures team engages, recruits, stewards, trains and manages relationships with volunteers and customers to successfully execute fundraising plans and achieve revenue goals.
- Serves on the Market Leadership Team and contributes to building the strategy.
- Manages team to successful volunteer and customer retention, recognition, and pipeline development, with a focus on high impact relationships and key volunteer leadership roles.
- Leads the development of relationships and engagement of target partners, organizations, corporations, and individuals.
- Ensures the implementation of best practices for revenue growth, adjusting to customer experience survey results and feedback; drives and encourages creativity and innovation resulting in new revenue opportunities.
- Monitors financial expenditures and progress to budget and takes appropriate measures to meet top and bottom-line goals ensuring a high return on investment
- Ensures team engages the community to create relevant, best in class experiences for priority constituents including participants, teams, sponsors, cancer survivors and caregivers; ensures event and activity details are expertly executed.
- Actively collaborates with all development team members, Marketing, Cancer Control, and ACS CAN staff to maximize success; leverages opportunities to expand engagement of constituents through the collaborative account planning.
- Ensures compliance with ACS policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, data management, and financial controls.
- Models and fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the cultural beliefs and values of the Society.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five year related experience preferred, working within a multi-million dollar organization a plus. Past staff management experience preferred.
Demonstrates Community Development Competencies: Action oriented - Attracts top talent - Being resilient - Builds networks - Customer focus - Drives engagement - Balances stakeholders - Ensures accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate community-based volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines; strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven relationship building, persuasion and influence skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues.
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events.
- Outcome driven; strong project management ability.
- Able to work through others to accomplish goals.
- Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
- Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments.
- Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
- Must have access to car or be able to transport materials to and from meetings and special events/programs.
- Must be able to staff evening and weekend meetings, events and programs.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs and perform set up/take down of event equipment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org