The Executive Coordinator will be expected to perform a range of tasks to organize and maximize the CEO’s time, serving as his right hand. This person will assist the CEO in managing the organization’s external relations, programs, finance, and human resources departments across the United States, the United Kingdom, and South Africa; she/he must, therefore, maintain a high level of confidentiality. The Coordinator must have the ability to initiate projects and anticipate the CEO’s needs, while curating and managing an extraordinarily hectic schedule.
What We’re Looking For:
- Someone who thrives in a fun, creative, and entrepreneurial environment—no day is the same at Ubuntu and you need to be able to think on your feet and find quick solutions to problems.
- Someone who is pro-active, who is always anticipating the needs of others and thinking about the next step. You need match the CEO’s pace—he will keep you on your toes and you should be able to do the same for him.
- Someone who can handle multiple responsibilities at once and has the ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks efficiently and under pressure.
- Someone who sees the big picture, but also sees how the small details fit into that picture.
- Someone who doesn’t think any task or duty is “below” them and is always willing to jump in first.
- Someone who is eager for knowledge, and loves learning new ideas, engaging with new people, and wants to grow as a person and as a professional.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Draft and edit collateral including grants, presentations, emails, articles, and various forms of correspondence.
- Lead preparation for CEO meetings (circulate agendas, prepare materials, etc.), capture
- next steps, and ensure follow up.
- Serve as a key resource to CEO in fundraising and organizational strategy; providing research, mapping out relationships and points of connections, and ensuring timely follow up with stakeholders.
- Ensure maintenance of CEO’s social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Medium, Instagram) and help to develop his personal brand, as it relates to the organization.
Board of Directors & Special Projects
- Serve as liaison to Ubuntu’s Board of Directors, including scheduling board and board committee meetings, disseminating materials and reports, taking minutes at meetings, and ensuring prompt correspondence between board members and the CEO.
- Lead other special projects on an as-needed basis for the CEO and other members of the Executive Team.
- Maintaining and curating the CEO’s calendar, ensuring that his time is maximized and aligned with organizational priorities.
- Scheduling appointments and meetings both internally and externally; preparing all necessary agendas or documents for each meeting.
- Oversee trips (both domestic and international) and ensure that logistics are smooth and organized.
- Serve as gatekeeper for requests to participate in conferences/speaking engagements, serve as point person on presentations for external engagements.
Human Resources Support
- Manage staff personnel files and onboarding/offboarding processes
- Provide payroll support to the accounting team
- Serve as liaison to external insurance providers and manage insurance renewal processes
- Coordinate annual NYS compliance requirements
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 2-3 years work experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial/fast-paced environment
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including excellent editing skills are a must and experience taking meeting minutes
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail, and follow-through, as well as strong research and analytical skills
- Exceptional ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines; ability to identify and take charge of tasks
- Willing to maintain work hours/pace that match the CEO’s
If interested, please email [email protected] with your resume/CV and cover letter.