Tuvli, an Akima Company, is dedicated to providing our customers with superior, integrated technology and program support services and solutions. Our systems engineering, information technology, information assurance, program support and project management staff work closely with customers to ensure that our solutions are directly aligned with their business processes and desired program outcomes. We emphasize affordability, and delivering the best value for technology investments. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
- Develop comprehensive messaging campaigns and initiatives, including via traditional media, social media, and targeted outreach programs, to ensure consistency of message and purpose.
- Track China's global strategic messaging efforts, with particular attention to those campaigns within the United States and East Asia-Pacific region.
- Coordinate with EAP bilateral and regional offices, the EAP Front Office, a range of State bureaus and, where applicable, the interagency.
- Provide expert advice, consultations, and impact reports for the EAP strategic communications unit, posts overseas and other offices within the Department.
- Assist posts overseas in the design and implementation of customized post strategies designed to optimize the performance of a variety of initiatives.
- Working with the measurement and evaluation team, collect and analyze data to provide reporting that includes actionable insights and helps shape an understanding of target audiences, public opinion, and most effective messaging tools.
- Collaborate closely with GPA and regional bureau stratcoms units.
- Report to the EAP/PD StratComs unit.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism or another related field; OR background in foreign affairs and/or international relations; OR prior U.S. federal government experience.
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience managing communications campaigns, to include strategic planning, project and personnel management, familiarity with traditional media and digital platforms.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Highly-skilled in the collection and analysis of data from digital and analog sources, both public and private to the USG.
- Proven ability to conduct formative research into audience needs and country context to guide the development of public diplomacy programs/campaigns and monitoring and evaluation of those programs/campaigns.
- Skill in oral and written communications to interface with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the government; present briefings on sensitive and controversial subjects; and provide guidance and instructions.
- Knowledge of strategic and operational planning, and experience organizing, directing, and conducting complex messaging campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of regional media landscape, public opinion and regional influence operations. Asian language proficiency and previous work in EAP region preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction from superiors, effectively work in a team environment, and meet deadlines.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org