Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech currently has an opening in our Marlborough, Massachusetts based Contracts group. We also plan to open a satellite office in Manchester, New Hampshire in the Fall of 2021. The candidate will be independently responsible for the full life cycle of federal contract administration. Primary responsibilities include (1) Independently managing large, complex commercial and Federal contracts; (2) providing contractual advice to global project offices and Project Managers; (3) ensuring compliance to various regulations, policies, and contracts; (4) and determining contractual obligations and risk mitigation. The ideal candidate for this position has a passion to do meaningful work that improves quality of life, flexibility to meet a variety of needs from ensuring compliance with US Government regulations to evaluating risk and liability in commercial contracts, and desire to work with high-performing teams who are using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, and international development
This position will be primarily supporting architecture and engineering projects for international development organizations such as the US Agency for International Development, Millennium Challenge Corporation and other customers across the globe. Our projects have included feasibility studies, design, retrofitting, and construction of housing for displaced populations, roads, energy solutions, health care facilities, grade schools and universities, water and wastewater infrastructure, wastewater reuse, and disaster relief services.
· Provide advice on requirements of Requests for Proposals, contracts, and subcontracts, and provide continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met while identifying areas of risk
· Research and make recommendations on contract language; participate in business capture discussions to ensure understanding of RFP/IFB solicitations
· Actively provide advice on application of conditions, remedies, indemnities, liabilities, and contract terms with cross departmental teams (technical, finance, human resources, project management, risk management);
· Serve as the subject matter expert on international contracts and subcontract agreements
· Maintain an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on international contracts, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
· Continuously identify ways to streamline the Contracts departments’ procedures and processes
· Assist the Lead Contracts Manager with reviews and updates to manuals, trainings and templates to reflect changes to internal policies and client regulations
· Perform spot checks of field/project office procurement and contracts files, and provide project staff with solutions to address weaknesses identified
· Conduct contract reviews and risk analyses, assist with preparation of technical and cost proposals and requests for equitable adjustment; administer correspondence, sole-source justifications, price reasonableness analyses, and other supporting contractual documents
· Provide project audit support
· Draft and implement internal and external subcontract agreements as part of the project management team; address on-going issues and change management; ensure appropriate contract close-out
· Prepare and disseminate information internally regarding contract status, compliance, and modifications; maintain contract databases and project files.
· High level of executive functioning and organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Enjoys analysis and problem solving
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
· Can function as an individual contributor as well as in a cross-functional team environment
· Strong customer services skills – for both internal and external clients.
· A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, is required
· Candidates with coursework in international development, business, law and/or contracts and/or NCMA certification are strongly preferred
· 4-8 years of experience working in contracts or government compliance, with preference for prior experience with US Government and / or FIDIC-based contracts
· Experience in international business is strongly preferred
· Working knowledge of USAID, Department of State, and CFR Regulations preferred
· Knowledge of FAR, agency supplements, and all contract types strongly preferred
· Knowledge of the FIDIC Conditions of Contract preferred
· Excellent writing, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro
· Willingness to travel for short durations internationally is preferred
· Due to the clients we serve the person in this position must have United States citizenship or hold a Permanent Residence Card
· Applicant must have the ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance or pass a background screening including criminal history and credit check (NACLC).
You may be required drive on an occasional basis for business purposes, to do this, you will need a valid driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check, and maintain a safe driving record.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org