Root Capital invests in the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs, empower women and young people, sustain peace, and preserve vulnerable ecosystems. Root Capital supplies these businesses with vital resources: access to capital, trade and technical partners, financial training, and conservation practices. We work in hard-to-serve geographies where others do not; to date, we have loaned more than $1.5 billion to improve the lives of over six million people in farming communities.
With the support of the Chief Talent Officer and HR team, the Global Head of HR is responsible for leading and executing the global human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. Specifically, the Global Head of HR will lead on developing and implementing enhanced or revised policies and practices related to compensation, performance/talent management, and training and development. The Global Head of HR will be responsible for improving outcomes to ensure that the HR function offers equitable, transparent, and inclusive systems and practices to support an engaged and high-performing staff.
1. Department Management: Develop, implement, and maintain an innovative strategy for the HR department in support of Root Capital’s global strategy and overseeing and working with a multicultural team to ensure the effective and efficient function of the HR department.
2. Compensation: Develop, implement, and maintain compensation and/or remuneration policies and processes that are clear and equitable and promote staff engagement and retention, and execute and lead all compensation work streams with precision and efficiency.
3. Performance/Talent Management: Develop, implement, and maintain a performance management process that measures employee contributions to organizational goals, role- and department-specific skill sets, and behavioral competencies, and that informs remuneration decisions in line with Root Capital’s remuneration policies; develop comprehensive recruiting and retention plans to meet Root Capital’s strategic goals.
4. Training and Development: Develop, implement, and maintain an ongoing Root Capital training platform/program for all staff, with department-specific opportunities/customizations as agreed with department heads based on gap analysis/skills assessments; the training platform/program shall ensure that professional development opportunities foster and further organizational success and integrates with Root Capital’s performance/talent management system(s).
5. Other Relevant Duties as Assigned
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org