- Full time, in Ashrafieh, Beirut, ideally starting from mid-August 2021 with 10 days training early July;
- $2500 - $3000 per month (flexible salary based on experience);
- 1-year contract (with 3-month probation period).
We are seeking a Head of Programmes to support the Seenaryo team during the maternity leave of our Country Director in Lebanon. The Head of Programmes reports to Seenaryo’s Co-Director in the UK and works closely with the whole Lebanon team. S/he will form part of Seenaryo’s Senior Management Team of five people in Lebanon, Jordan and the UK and will have regular contact via Zoom with our teams in the UK and Jordan. S/he should have a minimum five years’ experience in the non-profit sector at Senior Management or Executive level in a smaller NGO, or at Project or Grant Management level in a large NGO. S/he should have a passion for arts and education.
- Oversee Seenaryo’s Play-based learning and Theatre activities and grants in accordance with the Seenaryo Strategy to ensure all Key Performance Indicators are met;
- Manage the majority of Lebanon donor relationships, including: overseeing the writing of management and donors reports and ensuring all reports are submitted in a timely and quality manner; writing grant applications where possible; liaising with donors on finances and deliverables. Seenaryo donors include international governments, major international foundations and smaller family trusts;
- Taking a leading role in building and fostering new relationships with donors, government ministries and other partners and stakeholders;
- Ensure that all activities operate within all policies and procedures of the organisation and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards;
- Troubleshoot, identify and evaluate risks associated with the activities and take appropriate action to control the risks together with the Arts and Education managers;
- Oversee Programme Managers to effectively budget, authorise and monitor project spend and where appropriate perform the budget holder duties. All spends must be in line with donor regulations and contracted budgets.
- Work with the Co-Director, COO and Programme Managers to map donor priorities and potential funding opportunities;
- Work with the Co-Director, COO and Programme Managers to support or, where agreed, lead relevant donor relationships ensuring Seenaryo is effectively represented to be best placed to secure future funding.
Human Resources Management & Governance:
- Lead the continuous review of programme staff (Arts and Education Managers) to ensure the programmes team is staffed to deliver quality implementation of projects;
- Ensure staff development and succession plans are in place to ensure the sustainability of staffing;
- Line Manage the Education and Office Managers;
- In consultation with other relevant staff recruit, interview and select well-qualified new staff and ensure they are effectively inducted;
- Participate in all Senior Management Team meetings and Board meetings where required. Communicate relevant programme, fundraising and operational updates in these meetings.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
We are looking for someone with:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. education, theatre, arts, Community Development);
- More than 5 years of experience managing grants and contributing to the strategic direction of a smaller NGO at Senior Management level or a larger NGO at Project or Grant Management level;
- Extensive experience effectively managing diverse teams with a proven track record of successful capacity development;
- Experience working with key NGO donors;
- Experience in working in the Middle East, specifically Lebanon;
- Experience in arts (particularly theatre) and/or the non-profit sector (preferred);
- Fluent written and spoken English (required);
- Good written and spoken Arabic (preferred);
- Knowledge of MS Office, Google Drive, Zoom;
- Driver’s license and car (preferred).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org