Founded in 1995, AVAC uses communication, education, policy analysis, advocacy and a network of global collaborations to accelerate the ethical development and global delivery of HIV prevention options as part of a comprehensive and integrated response to the epidemic. AVAC works across the “research-to-rollout” continuum in solidarity with individuals and groups most impacted by HIV.
AVAC advocates for HIV prevention to end AIDS. With partners worldwide, AVAC pushes for the funding, focus, implementation and research that’s needed to make it happen. We:
- Accelerate product innovation and availability: AVAC collaborates with partners who work across the HIV prevention spectrum, from research to rollout, to expand the portfolio of prevention options and ensure products are available, accessible and used by those who need them most.
- Advocate for access to high-impact prevention: AVAC is part of a robust civil society movement helping to shape a new era of global health spending and planning related to HIV prevention.
- Improve research conduct: AVAC advocates for research that is grounded in well-informed, community-centered perspectives. AVAC promotes the adoption of Good Participatory Practice (GPP) in research, convenes consultations and workshops, and produces publications, podcasts, webinars, and other research literacy materials. The involvement of key stakeholders throughout the research process is central to all this work.
- Promote effective HIV prevention policy: Ending the HIV epidemic depends on political will, committed resources and supportive policies at global and national levels. AVAC’s policy work, in partnership with a global network of civil society partners, focuses on the importance of funding and strategic planning for HIV prevention research and the imperative to bring long-term solutions to the people who need them.
- Track and translate the field: Our communications and publications translate complex science into accessible resources. This work is at the core of our mission to advance prevention and end the epidemic. We focus on ensuring people with different kinds of expertise can better understand context, community perspectives, science and policy.
- Strengthen global advocacy networks: AVAC supports the development and sustainability of advocacy networks focused on accelerating HIV prevention from research to rollout. These networks, mostly centered in Africa, bring vigorous attention to science, policy, funding, community, communications, health services and the regulatory process, charting a path to end the HIV epidemic.
AVAC is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment. Applicants representing communities most impacted by HIV are encouraged to apply, including transgender individuals, people living with HIV, and those from HIV-endemic countries.
AVAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws.
About Product Introduction & Access
The Product Introduction & Access team accelerates product innovation and accessibility to bring effective prevention options to those who need them most. AVAC and a range of partners are working to accelerate the timely, efficient, effective and affordable development and introduction of new prevention options. This growing body of work currently includes:
The Senior Program Manager will support implementation of AVAC’s product introduction and access work, with a particular focus on providing technical and strategic guidance to projects and partnerships. The Senior Program Manager should have direct experience in new product introduction, social marketing, and access in HIV/AIDS or related global health field. This person should be skilled at synthesizing complex information and data into accessible and actionable terms to meet the needs of a variety of audiences. The successful person in this role should have an in-depth and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the HIV prevention landscape, AVAC’s programs and partners, and the HIV prevention product developer and product introduction stakeholders and issues. In addition, this person should have a depth of experience in working in low and lower-middle income countries. This position ensures that AVAC develops high quality, timely and innovative outputs to foster high-impact HIV prevention through product introduction and access.
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external partners, including development of technical documents and other quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Develop and disseminate rapid, comprehensive synthesis of evidence to support colleagues and stakeholders on the HIV biomedical product pipeline including product details and program design and delivery to support launch readiness.
- Oversee and coordinate technical assistance to policy makers, donors, product developers, implementers and advocates throughout the product life cycle.
- Build on existing AVAC platforms to develop, identify, assess and document product launch metrics, effective product introduction approaches and market shaping strategies related to HIV prevention.
- Write white papers, journal articles, presentations and analyses that translate Product Introduction & Access learnings into actionable steps for key audiences.
- Create and deliver compelling presentations on the work of the Product Introduction & Access team at various meetings and conferences to a wide range of audiences, including donors, policy makers, product developers, implementers and civil society.
- Develop and ensure successful execution of project management plans and strategies for the Product Introduction & Access team.
- Implement projects across product introduction activities using a variety of qualitative and qualitative methods and inputs.
- Provide management, technical guidance and support to other team members.
- Work with Director of Product Introduction & Access on strategic objectives and to ensure deliverables and activities map to/support overarching product introduction and AVAC goals.
- Support the Director of Product Introduction & Access to represent the project in working groups, conferences, and workshops related to HIV prevention and/or multipurpose technologies.
While no one candidate will possess all the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will embody many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Commitment to AVAC’s mission and values, including our commitment to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment.
- At least 10-12 years of demonstrated experience in new product launch, introduction and scale.
- Extensive experience managing and implementing HIV prevention programs.
- Experience working across full product life-cycle from research to regulatory approval to marketing and roll-out, including both policy development and program implementation.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills within complex, multi-stakeholder environments.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to forge relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders including donors, technical leaders, and other implementing partners.
- Commitment to and demonstrated experience in taking all elements of an activity from start to finish with high quality results.
- Experience with implementation and reporting for private foundations and USG-funded projects.
- Strong familiarity of the funding landscape and partners in HIV/AIDS, SRHR and global health.
- Experience managing and supervising employees and external consultants.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and throughout eastern and southern Africa, when AVAC-sponsored travel resumes.
Please forward your resume and any supporting materials that tell us more about your professional and personal experience to [email protected].