The Workplan Expert (WPE) is expected to contribute to the work of the team in charge of the implementation of the ROM system (ROM Global team). The ROM Global team is active in three strands of the EU External Assistance: (a) Asia and the Pacific, (b) Latin America and the Caribbean, and (c) Centrally Managed Thematic Interventions.
The WPE is a Medium Level Expert who is part of the Core Team of the project and (s)he is based in Brussels on a full-time basis. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the necessary arrangements are in place in line with the recommendations of the Belgian state and all relevant safety provisions resulting in a temporary period of tele-working.
The WPE works together with the Workplan Coordinator of component 1 (ROM review), the three Strand Leaders, and the coordinators of the other ROM components (i.e. Component 2: Support for Designing Logframes, and Component 3: Results Data Collection).
The WPE prepares the ROM review planning, including the definition of the respective portfolio (which is expected to cover annually circa 250 interventions). The WPE has a key role for all Core Team operations related to the ROM review workplan.
In order to be familiar with the latest developments of the ROM review service, the WPE will receive appropriate training in Brussels at the start of his/her assignment. Also, the WPE will be closely guided by the Resources and Workplan Coordinator.
- Setup and supervision of the ROM review workplan: overall planning, coordination with related stakeholders to define the annual ROM review portfolio, plan missions, and assign ROM experts, Quality Control Experts, and Mission Organisers.
- Oversee the proper implementation of the desk, field, and reporting phase of the ROM review missions and make the necessary adjustments in the ROM review workplan after liaising with the appropriate Core Team colleagues.
- Coordinate the planning of the experts involved in the Quality Control of the ROM review outputs, including the Strand Leaders.
- Send the contracting requests for experts to the Finance/Contract Unit.
- Process the feedback of Operational Managers and other stakeholders on issues affecting the workplan and perform workplan adjustments (and future planning).
- Coordinate the elaboration of the Desk Studies.
- Supervise potential problems deriving from the available information on the interventions (e.g. as they are reflected in the Desk Studies) and coordinate with the appropriate Core Team Members.
- Operate the ROM module (ROM IT system established by DG INTPA), as appropriate.
- Record lessons learned during the ROM review work planning and keep adequate records of those.
- Participate in Core team meetings and ensure adequate coordination with the other Core Team members.
- Depending on the effectiveness of the devised planning, participate in ROM review missions (physical and/or remote) aiming to obtain hands-on experience in the implementation of the ROM review service.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Political Science, Management or a related field.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in international development cooperation.
- A minimum of 3 years in results-based approaches, monitoring and evaluation.
- Fluency in English.
- Project management knowledge.
- Knowledge of EC Development policies
- Excellent computer skills (MS-Office and in particular MS Excel).
- Effective oral and written communication skills, diplomacy & discreetness.
- Responsibility and attention to detail.
- Organisational skills; capacity to develop several tasks simultaneously; break-down complex tasks to simpler ones; problem-solving capacity; respect of deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and in a multicultural environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn.
- Previous experience in working with EU institutions.
- Analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise information from multiple sources.
- Ability to operate in Spanish, French, or Portuguese (by order of priority).
- Experience in working in different countries.
- Experience in statistical data management and analysis.
- Knowledge of SharePoint.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org