Reports to the Director, Government Affairs for EMEA region. Manage country, region or macro region knowledge of political systems and influencers and public policy trends and issues, and related contact networks and coalitions. Leverage strategic insights to inform UL’s business and/or regional strategies across the globe and guide the development and deployment of related public policy advocacy campaigns in the region. Enable OneUL public policy influence with regional relevance that enhances UL’s license to operate and its service to customers in both a market-leadership capacity across the region.
- Identify political, regulatory/legislative, and other public policy trends and issues in the region that help establish OneUL global positions, related advocacy campaigns, and otherwise , and inform UL business strategy for market leadership.
- Proactively monitor region public policy issues and government initiatives of consequence to UL’s priority public policy matters for integration into automated issues tracking and reporting tools.
- Maintain (in concert with Issues Operations Management principal) automated and manual tracking and reporting framework for issues and policy management, environmental scans for government pressure points, and contacts database.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of UL’s overall engagement and relationship management strategy for regional government stakeholders.
- Manage day-to-day UL engagement with regional government and related stakeholders, including coalition building.
- Participate in critical external fora – meetings, coalitions, associations, and committees – as designated by Director, Government Affairs.
- Inform and execute regional components of OneUL global public policy advocacy campaign plans.
- Develop and implement strategies to influence legislation and/or regulation to an optimal outcome for UL and within UL’s public policy framework.
- Project manage cross-enterprise teams to develop UL responses to the government in line with UL’s public policy framework and policy issue leads.
- Manages identification, activation, training and deployment of Advocacy Ambassadors in defined advocacy campaigns in support of strategic priorities within the broader Advocacy Ambassador framework.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Preferably an advances degree degree) in Business Administration, Political Science, Government Relations plus generally 10 years’ experience in a government agency or as a consultant to a government agency is preferred.
- Experience leading enterprise-wide projects and experience in development and deployment of regional advocacy campaign; global mindset.
- Organizational and Program Management Skills.
- Interpersonal Skills and People Management Abilities, exceptional written communication skills and strong presentation abilities, including “storytelling” for presentation and influence.
- Analytical and problem-solving faculty.
- Thorough familiarity with the EU legislative processes, with knowledge of key member states’ government processes, familiarity with Middle-East and/or Sub-Saharan Africa would be a plus. Strong network of contacts within government, industry and other organizations that influence policy or regulation that impact public and consumer safety, sustainability, and security in Europe.
- Strong planning and execution capabilities.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org