DIGITALEUROPE is the leading trade association representing digitally transforming industries in Europe.
We stand for a regulatory environment that enables European businesses and citizens to prosper from digital technologies. We wish Europe to grow, attract and sustain the world’s best digital talents and technology companies.
DIGITALEUROPE has a long-standing experience in coordinating and participating in a large number of European and privately funded projects. Our current project work focuses primarily on providing digital skills development opportunities to European citizens and upskilling the European workforce. In many of these initiatives, DIGITALEUROPE’s role lies in communication and stakeholder outreach/engagement.
The purpose of the job is to manage the external communication activities of DIGITALEUROPE, and to promote the advocacy positions and thought leadership activities.
The Senior Communications and Events Manager is responsible for the management of external communications, press relations, and policy events. The role reports to the Director for Communications and Political Outreach.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
External communications and press relations
- Plan and implement communication activities using all media channels;
- Plan and execute DG communications activities;
- Identify media opportunities and coordinate responses to media queries;
- Supervise press releases in coordination with Communications Officer and policy staff;
- Write and/or Review articles on digital policy and digitalization of society;
- Supervise the website and social media platforms;
- Supervise the production of marketing materials and publications;
- Supervise video production from concept to editing to publishing;
- Manage and maintain the brand of the association and the creation of presentations, templates, promotional materials and giveaways;
- Identify KPIs and measure outcome of communications actions;
- Line-manage the Communications Officer and Communications and Events intern.
Deliver external and internal events
- Work with Senior Events Manager and external suppliers to deliver high quality events;
- Delivery of policy events, including programme, speaker identification, briefings and logistics;
- Shape DIGITALEUROPE’s sponsorship programme and marketing partnerships.
- 6 years of relevant professional experience with proven experience in linking policy work and communications actions;
- Experience of line management;
- Outstanding written and spoken English;
- Ability to drive fact-based argumentation and to advocate key policy messages;
- Extensive network of international press corps in Brussels and beyond, and experience working with journalists to deliver a policy message;
- Proven experience in working with the EU, and a thorough understanding of EU policy-making;
- Experience working with external providers to deliver high quality results;
- A profound interest in digitalisation and the digital industry;
- Experience working in international environments;
- Excellent organisational, networking and interpersonal skills;
- A sense of humour and willingness to get involved in a vibrant and ambitious team.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Experience in interpreting and applying strategically data analytics insights to deliver communications campaigns would be beneficial.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org