Our Business Development function brings together business, sector and account knowledge along with EY competencies and solutions to meet unique client needs. The Business Development Organization shares and drives an integrated growth strategy across the largest accounts, the industry sectors, solutions and services, demonstrating and achieving a market leadership through a client centric culture.
As a Pursuit Strategist (PS), aligned to our Government Public Sector (GPS), you are responsible for managing all strategic and tactical activities, workstream teams, and client-facing deliverables during the full cycle of a competitive pursuit process. This includes leading and managing pursuit phases such as the kick-off process, orals coaching, and client meeting prep. It also includes developing the message for and completion of all client-facing pursuit deliverables, including the proposal and other materials that comprise EY’s response to a Request for Proposal (RFP), using a variety of media. The PS focuses on leading the creation of winning communication strategies that showcase EY’s credentials and strengths.
As a PS, you are responsible for driving a disciplined pursuit process. You will be expected to drive continuous innovation in pursuits to ensure EY process and deliverables stand out from our competitors by activity supporting strategic initiatives. You’ll work directly with leaders and team members to collaborate and create win themes to assist EY in maintaining our industry leading brand. You will manage the work of others, and although you will receive general direction, will be expected to work independently.
Your key responsibilities
- Project manage the pursuit, including the pursuit team, pursuit process, pursuit plan and timeline
- Follow firm global leading-practice tools and processes with rigor to manage the pursuit campaign and actively contribute to all facets of the pursuit including kick-off strategy, client touch point prep and follow-up, and oral prep and delivery
- Manage and track status of multiple pursuit workstreams
- Leverage other resources such as EY Knowledge, creative services and offshore team members, as needed
- Manage the RFP response, proposal process and additional pursuit deliverables
- Actively develop pursuit strategy, messaging, and value proposition for all client communications
- Co-lead discussions around pursuit strategy, solution and deal structure, in conjunction with other Business Development colleagues
- Coordinate with design resources in the development and production of written and visual materials
- Think creatively to develop innovative content tailored to the client in a variety of delivery methods (video, microsites, InDesign, interactive methods, and others)
Skills and attributes for success:
- Exceptional project management skills (planning, delegating, agile), with a high attention to detail and ability manage simultaneous workstreams
- Strong working knowledge of a professional services organization
- Ability to work from own initiatives with limited supervision
- Strong executive presence and ability to coach and influence others without formal authority
- Makes decisions quickly, given tight timeframes
- Demonstrates versatility and flexibility in a constantly evolving environment with a wide variety of social styles
- Challenges the pursuit team to ensure the most successful outcome is obtained when necessary
- Self-starter who can get up to speed quickly on the opportunity at hand
To qualify for the role, candidates must have:
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience developing materials for digital delivery (advanced MS Office, InDesign, other related software skills)
- A minimum of 7 years of related pursuit and business development experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in fields such as Business, International Relations, Marketing, Journalism, and related
What we look for
We are looking for individuals that have a strong background in pursuit strategy and business development, as well as strong business acumen and personal leadership. Innovative, creative thinkers who are strategic, collaborative and consultative and who can bring a fresh perspective that will thrive in this environment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org