Under the supervision of the CPMR Executive Director, you will contribute to the internal and external communications and marketing activities of the CPMR, namely:
- Drafting news articles and press releases, in close liaison with the CPMR policy team and CPMR Geographical Commissions Executive Secretaries;
- Coordination and drafting of the newsletter of the CPMR;
- Providing communications support to CPMR events and meetings;
- Delivering communications-related tasks within several EU projects the CPMR is involved in.
Essential work experience and educational background:
- Higher education qualifications in a relevant field;
- A very high level of proficiency or native level of fluency in English is an essential prerequisite;
- Strong written communication skills;
- At least one year’s experience of communications related to EU affairs;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions.
Advantageous and desirable experience:
- Experience of social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn);
- Knowledge and/or experience of local and regional government;
- Knowledge and/or interest in EU policies of particular relevance to local and regional governments (e.g: Cohesion Policy);
- Experience of EU projects;
- Proficiency in at least another European language (particularly French) is a strong asset.
DESIRABLE PERSONAL SKILLS | As a person, we expect that you:
- Have distinctive teamwork and interpersonal skills as well diplomacy, resilience and analytical skills;
- Are capable of working in a relatively autonomous and structured way but can quickly adapt to and manage unexpected and complex or politically sensitive situations;
- Have an understanding of intercultural contexts and are able to handle different working cultures;
- Have a proactive and dynamic attitude to work.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org