Launched in October 2018, VOW for Girls is an innovative new social change initiative that aims to galvanize the public and socially conscious brands to raise awareness of and create funding to prevent and end the international child marriage crisis. Co-founded by global human rights activist Mabel van Oranje and Ford Foundation President Darren Walker, VOW seeks to create new and sustainable resources to support the 12 million girls’ futures at risk of child marriage each year. VOW is seeking a Community Engagement Associate (reporting to the Community Engagement Lead) to support our outreach, networking, storytelling, and content creation efforts to raise awareness of our work to end child marriage. VOW aspires to be the charity of choice of the global wedding industry, building a sharp and differentiated brand that compellingly tells the story of child marriage and inspires wedding professionals along with engaged couples and their friends and family to support the organization. You’ll help us achieve that vision
- Relationship Maximizer: You understand how to build productive and authentic relationships. You listen intently and build relationships that inspire confidence and loyalty. You proactively identify and solve problems and navigate complex relationships with grace and diplomacy.
- Multi-Tasker: You are efficient, organized, proactive, and have an unwavering attention to detail. You manage a range of responsibilities at different levels of urgency and priority, remain flexible, and keep your priorities moving on many fronts simultaneously.
- Builder: You see the opportunity to mobilize the global wedding community to support girls and you want to build the infrastructure to make that possible. You think creatively about how individuals can loan their time and talents to the cause, see opportunities to deepen an individuals’ engagement, and present creative opportunities for them to do so.
- Compelling Communicator: You like to communicate with others and know how to successfully engage someone, regardless of the medium. You like to write, and you’re good at it. You know how to turn complex ideas into accessible information. You know how to move people with your written and spoken words.
Community Engagement & Outreach: Support cultivation of relationships with current and prospective wedding professionals and couples.
- Work collaboratively internally and externally to implement the community engagement strategy and identify new opportunities for growth and collaboration.
- You will assist with identifying, pursuing, and cultivating new relationships within the wedding industry and with engaged couples, helping to drive outreach, recruitment, cultivation, and stewardship with these individuals, inspiring them with actionable ways to raise funds.
- Closely monitor wedding industry news and trends, socializing these findings among internal stakeholders.
- Track engagement with wedding professionals and engaged couples using VOW’s customer relationship platform (Salesforce).
- Research, pitch, and secure a presence for VOW at industry events and, as needed, represent VOW at these events. Some travel may be required, when it is safe to do so.
- Serve as a relationship manager for partnerships with some wedding-aligned businesses, coordinating their partnership onboarding and overseeing the implementation of the partnership.
Community Management: Collaborate internally to build, manage, and grow VOW’s community engagement and awareness among wedding professionals and couples.
- Assist with the design and production of communications and marketing materials, including gathering, editing, and adapting stories about couples and wedding professionals supporting VOW to inspire others to join the cause. This may include content for newsletters, blogs, Pinterest, Instagram, earned media, and other communication channels.
- Create and maintain Resource Centers for couples and professionals, keeping them updated with new toolkits and materials that help support VOW.
- Develop editorial content to help execute VOW’s impact communications and content strategy, demonstrating the organization’s impact and powerfully inspiring others to join our mission.
- Assist with social media & Pinterest strategy, including keyword and hashtag research, in order to drive increased awareness and community engagement.
- Brainstorm creative activation ideas and help pilot community engagement opportunities including in-person and digital activations.
Other duties as assigned and prioritized.
Success in this role means meeting most, if not all, of the following needs:
- You have at least 4 years of full-time work experience in the wedding, event, hotel, or hospitality industry. An existing vendor network is highly preferred.
- You care about the details and are committed to producing work that is of the highest quality. You have the ability to effectively collect, organize, distill, and present information in a compelling yet concise manner while paying attention to details.
- You are a thoughtful communicator. You are comfortable networking with a wide variety of audiences. You have a demonstrated ability to actively listen, problem solve and take initiative – with a strong customer service mentality.
- You like to write, and you’re good at it. You know how to turn complex ideas into accessible information. You know how to move people with your words.
- You have exceptional judgment and emotional intelligence. You’re a careful listener and can read the room. You demonstrate personal integrity and dedication.
- You want to help build an organization, taking VOW from an early-stage startup to a global philanthropic initiative and you thrive in fast-paced environments. You have a proven background in collaborating cross-functionally and working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are digitally savvy – you see the power of digital tools to build relationships and raise funds and proactively look for ways to expand your knowledge. You have a passion for gender equality and girls’ rights coupled with the spirit and drive of a social entrepreneur and you demonstrate personal integrity.
- When it is safe to do so, you are prepared to travel on occasion.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or relevant work experience.
- Some design skills (photoshop, indesign, etc) are desirable but not required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
VOW offers a generous benefits package, including:
- Paid time off: 15 vacation days and 14 paid holidays, as well as personal and sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family
- VOW employees can contribute to a 401k plan
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (available after 6 months of employment)
- Home office setup stipend
The salary range for this role is $55,000-$70,000. This range is for illustrative purposes only and salary offers are commensurate with experience.
Location is flexible. VOW for Girls is based in New York City and we plan to be working at home through 2021 due to COVID-19. We are open to candidates who are not located in New York City but are located near a major airport and willing to travel on occasion only once it is safe to do so.
To apply, send your application by Friday, October 15 to [email protected] with the subject line “VOW Community Engagement Associate” Your application should include your resume and a cover letter that includes the following:
- A short summary of why you want to work for VOW.
- Provide an example of how your experience within the hospitality industry makes you an ideal candidate for this role.
- Your desired salary requirements.
VOW is committed to racial equity and social justice and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities to provide a wide range of perspectives, ideas, views, and insights into the strategy, policies, culture, and ambitions of VOW for Girls. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org