As project officer, you will support the project coordinator working on the European Mobility Week. This campaign attracts more than 3,000 towns and cities each year. During the year, Eurocities is responsible for managing the European Secretariat on behalf of the European Commission - DG MOVE. We provide towns and cities with all the materials they need to prepare their local campaigns in September.
As project officer, you will work closely with the project coordinator, providing support for the European Mobility Week Secretariat. In this role, you will:
- follow up on requests from the extensive network of local campaigners;
- liaise with and support national coordinators in their role;
- follow up on reporting and administration in coordination with colleagues in the finance team;
- support the drafts of agendas and meeting minutes;
- support the organisation of events linked to the project (such as the launch event, workshops and Awards Ceremony);
- assess award applications from towns and cities;
- represent European Mobility Week vis-à-vis other European initiatives;
- support the project coordinator in managing the campaign cycle (approval of towns and cities registrations, info-desk, production of materials, etc.);
- support dissemination activities and publication of documents;
- develop project content and contribute to project development activities (write articles, announcements and publications).
You thrive in an environment of rapid change, moving targets, limited resources and high intensity. You are highly flexible and able to work independently and autonomously, while maintaining a team-oriented attitude.
- at least three years of relevant work experience;
- full proficiency in English;
- experience in project implementation, communication and media activities;
- a strategic mindset and you are creative problem-solver;
- experience in working with multiple stakeholders at transnational level;
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment;
- excellent relationship management, coordination, and communications skills;
- good ability to prioritise tasks when faced with multiple deadlines and operate under tight deadlines;
- excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- other languages;
- interest and/or knowledge of urban mobility.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org