The Sub-Regional Office for Central Asia of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-SEC) is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing strategies for addressing food security, agriculture and rural development priorities in the sub-region. The Organization’s technical assistance includes institution building, development of knowledge and competencies, and exchange of experience among countries facing the challenges of transition.
FAO SEC is implementing a three-year project entitled “Support the transformation of the Economic Cooperation Organization Food Security Coordination Centre (ECO-RCCFS) from a project-based organization to a self-sustainable institution in the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO RCC II) (GCP/SEC/017/TUR)” funded by the Government of Turkey started in January 2020. In this regard, the project aims to contribute to the sector development at national and regional levels.
Under the project, the website of ECO-RCCFS has been renewed to provide a knowledge hub for food security issues across the ECO region and open access to key documents on the most recent activities of the ECO-RCCFS, in three languages as English, Russian and Turkish.
The National Specialist on Food Security Information Management (Russian Language) will be responsible to present and integrate content into the website of ECO-RCCFS website and make it more informative and attractive to the target audiences and the public.
The National Specialist will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Sub-regional Coordinator for Central Asia (SRC, SEC) under the guidance and technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) of the project and operational guidance from SEC Field Programme Unit (FPU). He/she will work under the technical guidance of the Food Security Officer in FAO SEC, in coordination with the Project Coordinator and the Policy and Food Security Expert.
• Food security
• Information management
Under overall supervision of the FAO Sub-regional Coordinator for Central Asia (SRC) and the technical guidance of the Food Security Officer in FAO Sub-regional Office for Central Asia, and operational guidance from SEC Field Programme Unit (FPU) in coordination with the Project Coordinator and the Policy and Food Security Expert, the National Consultant will undertake the following duties:
Tasks and responsibilities
• Monitor and collect relevant information for ‘News and Announcements’ section of the website in English and Russian;
• Periodically collect food security related publications, reports and bulletins in English and Russian;
• Write, review, edit, copyedit and proofread content for ECO-RCCFS website in Russian language;
• Provide translation for the updated contents of the website;
• Check accuracy of the website contents in Russian;
• Coordinate upcoming content for translation with the project team;
• Support translation of materials relevant to the project; and
• Any other tasks as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, International Relations, or a relevant field.
• Work experience in Russian language ideally on food security, food policy, food systems, nutrition, diet, or relevant fields.
• Working knowledge of oral and written Russian and English
• National of Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan or resident with a regular work permit in one of these countries.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Analysis of quantitative international and national databases
• Professional of food security field
• Excellent communication skills in English and Russian, both orally and in writing, and ability to draft technical reports in Russian
• Working knowledge of Turkish is considered an asset
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org