EERA is looking for a Project Manager to support EERA in preparing calls for proposals (mainly Horizon Europe) and in executing/ implementation of already funded European projects. She/he will be integrated and supported by the EERA secretariat currently composed of 9 permanent staff and will report to the Operations Director. The position is based in EERA offices in Brussels.
Managing and Implementing EU-project delivery
- Implementing the activities allocated to EERA in EU projects, in collaboration with the project consortium(s) and coordinator(s). Those tasks include the outreach of stakeholders, communication and dissemination activities, organisation of workshops, post-projects long-lasting collaboration strategies;
- Contributing to the actions leading to the achievement of the EC Strategic Energy Technology (SET Plan), together with the EERA team;
- Timely achievement of project activities and deliverables according to project plan;
- Completion of reporting and administrative tasks related to the European projects;
- Ensure that the financial management of EU projects is carried out in line with the EU rules and procedures;
- Prepare the periodic financial reporting for the European Commission as requested in the EU Funding & tender opportunities portal;
- Liaising with research and non-research stakeholders and helping to initiate new support opportunities for the EERA research community;
- Any other task that may arise in view of fulfilling EU-project duties.
Managing project applications
- Understanding EERA mission and strategy, and EERA’s member scope of capabilities, positioning and unique expertise;
- Support the production of proposals in collaboration with EERA’s projects manager and with other members or partnering organisations;
- Support the administration of the preparatory phase of acquired projects.
- Hold a university degree (Master Level or equivalent) preferably in a scientific, political, or business field;
- At least three years of relevant work experience in carrying out and managing EU projects, preferably in the field of energy and climate;
- Very good knowledge of the project proposal procedure;
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the EU.
- Excellent and proven managerial, organisational and teamwork skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Proven experience in managing/coordinating projects;
- Proficient computer skills, especially handling of web applications;
- Good knowledge of the European Institutions and underlying funding policies and schemes;
- Knowledge of the Research and/or Energy sector is an asset.
- Ability to priorities workload and meet deadlines;
- Very organised with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Tactful, diplomatic, and non-judgmental, able to relate to people in all situations;
- Excellent managerial skills;
- Flexible; the candidate will be required to travel in the EU;
- Sense of humour.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org