Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation , the "Standards, Cooperation & Support" service provides technical standards and other materials for States and stakeholders in support of Single European Sky implementation.
The Head of Standards Cooperation & Support leads and manages the activities related to standardisation and support to states, and coordinates the seamless cooperation with key partners such as EASA and ICAO.
S/he will manage a team of approximately 30+ staff.
Your role will be to:
- Lead and manage the development and maintenance of Pan-European ATM standards and monitor their implementation;
- Lead the implementation and follow-up of the Support to States Policy;
- Coordinate the cooperation between EUROCONTROL and key partners such as EASA ICAO, and EUROCAE;
- Develop and implement his/her domain’s strategy, objectives, and work program; and manage its activities and resources (budget and personnel);
- Support, in his/her domain, the European Commission and its bodies (in particular the SESAR Joint Undertaking, the SESAR Deployment Manager and the Network Manager) for the development and implementation of the SES policy;
- Develop and maintain excellent and effective relations with stakeholders and represent the Agency in internal/external high-level groups;
- Communicate effectively on the Agency’s capabilities, competencies, services, products and successes.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (i.e.: engineering, legal, international relations, etc.)
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant professional experience including 5 years in management or strategic activities.
- Experience in Air Traffic Management (ATM).
- Programme management skills.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Understanding of European Commission and ICAO processes/structures.
- Networking: designs a network with a view to developing strategic connections.
- Managing People: encourages development as support to business objectives.
- Strategic focus: develops business/service strategy in line with the Agency’s strategy.
- Influencing: builds alliances and develop influencing strategies.
- Communication: adapts communication to different situations and audiences.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of EUROCONTROL are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1/C2. The selected candidate will be required to become at least a basic user of French at level A1/A2 by the end of the probation period. The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year (s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set out above, while maintaining the previous terms of employment regarding his/her appointment (whether for an undetermined period or to an established post). At the end of the period of employment as mentioned above, if the assignment to this post is not extended or its duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will, in accordance with the service regulations, be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her last type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex Xb of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- This post entails management activities. Established staff members will therefore have to serve a confirmation period of 9 months. This period may be shortened to 6 months if the successful candidate is appointed following a competition preceded by a previous temporary assignment to the post for which s/he was selected. The Director General may also decide not to make subject to this provision if that official has previously been assigned, for a period of 2 years or more, to a post similar to that for which he has been selected and which entailed the same level of management responsibilities.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org