The Centre of Excellence for Development Impact and Learning (CEDIL) is an academic consortium supported by the UK government through UK Aid. The mission of the Centre is to test innovative methodologies in evaluation and evidence synthesis and promote evidence-informed development. CEDIL-supported projects fall into three programmes of work: evaluating complex interventions, enhancing evidence transferability, and increasing evidence use.
CEDIL is looking for a Communications Consultant to amplify CEDIL’s outreach efforts, raise the programme’s profile and share learning with a diverse range of audiences.
The assignment is for up to 140 working days over a period of up to 20 months circa April 2023 (which is roughly the equivalent of 33% FTE, 2 days per week) and is subject to a three-month trial period. This is a part-time consultancy position which will see the successful candidate report into the CEDIL Project Manager.
The communication consultant is expected to carry out the following day-to-day tasks (not exhaustive):
- Provide oversight to CEDIL’s communication and outreach activities
- Develop marketing strategies and amplify CEDIL’s outreach efforts through social media channels, such as working on tweets and LinkedIn posts for raising CEDIL’s profile and emphasising key messages related to the programmes of work; live tweets from CEDIL events, blogs and research; and monitoring social media conversations and promote interactions, especially with CEDIL- funded project teams and other key audiences
- Quality assure and manage CEDIL’s publication production process: ensure CEDIL papers and briefs are copy-edited, proofed, formatted, designed by external vendors and comply with CEDIL’s templates and guidelines; secure a digital object identifier for each publication
- Develop and implement customised outreach plans for CEDIL’s publications
- Coordinate with and manage an external vendor to work on CEDIL’s website redesign
- Work on updating the CEDIL website, including producing new content, posting blogs and selecting photos
- Support CEDIL’s programme directorate in producing monitoring reports on CEDIL outreach activities (including analysing information on downloads, views, event participant numbers etc) and draw on this to inform dissemination strategies
- Work on updating CEDIL’s list of dissemination platforms, including list servs, evaluation libraries etc. for marketing products
- Draft content and support the production of CEDIL newsletters and emailers
- Support outreach activities related to CEDIL’s conference
- Ensure that funder requirements around communications are met, including compliance to branding guidelines
- Work with OPM’s communication team to leverage on OPM’s channels to disseminate, and draw on their support for delivering on responsibilities related on any legal requirements, e.g. around fulfilling General Data Protection Regulation requirements for newsletter data
- Other ad-hoc tasks assigned by CEDIL’s programme directorate
We are looking for a consultant who can meet the following essential skills, experience and criteria:
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in research communication
- The ability to translate technical evidence into clear messages for varied audiences
- Skills and experience in managing websites, social media accounts and publications (desirable).
Payments will be made on the basis of actual costs incurred. Invoices should be submitted with timesheets detailing level of effort, and brief description of activities completed. A template for invoices and timesheets will be provided.
The successful consultant can work remotely but will be required to attend virtual meetings when requested by the CEDIL team.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org