Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across 3 continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last 6 months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and finally their entire nations.
The Donor Relations Associate serves as the key point of contact for all Women for Women International supporters who have questions, concerns or need to make adjustments to their gifts. This position is responsible for the prompt, accurate and efficient processing of incoming telephone calls and e-mails, voicemails and regular mail that is received from our constituents.
The Donor Relations Associate also places outbound calls for activities including collection, stewardship, and telemarketing.
Communication & Teamwork
- Collaborate effectively with Marketing, Development & Communications department members to ensure appropriate information is shared.
- Clearly represents supporter service issues and priorities to Global Programs Unit, Operations and Marketing, Development & Communications departments with data-based reasoning where necessary.
- Collaborates where needed with other departments to provide information necessary to meet their departmental goals.
- Receives and responds to supporter phone and email requests and questions regarding service, programs, and account information. Responds to supporter contacts in a timely manner (within set targets).
- Quickly and accurately analyzes and addresses supporter concerns using established and approved policies and procedures. Accesses and/or updates supporter records where necessary. Conforms to all PCI and information security standards and maintains confidentiality of supporter data.
- Classifies and tracks inquiries by communication method and by inquiry reason.
- Aids in the development of standardized procedures, talking points and reporting methods. Provides input on tools and information needed to enhance service to supporters.
- Maintains and enhances supporter relations during every contact by maintaining professionalism, empathy, and effectiveness.
- Maintain comprehensive tracking system for all DC hub wire transfer donations gifts on a weekly basis.
- Track and respond to corporate matching gift requests on a weekly basis.
- Assist with in-office mail as needed, including mail sorting as well as supporter correspondence and processing.
All our staff are required to adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies and to our organizational values: Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Resilience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 0 - 3 years working experience.
- Clear verbal and written communication and pleasant telephone manner
- Good data entry skills, familiarity with use of a databases, and office tools (Excel, Word)
- Good listening skills with ability to analyze underlying reason for call
- Works quickly and accurately with scrupulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Accepts and applies constructive feedback
- Conveys a positive attitude both within and outside the group
- Displays sound and fair judgment
- Shows initiative/ proactive problem solving within the supporter service organization and in cross team discussions.
- Knowledge about and maintains an obvious commitment and respect for Women for Women International’s mission and values.
- Practices discretion with sensitive materials and information
- Contact management/customer service experience
- May require bending, lifting, standing, sitting, computer work, etc.
*This job description may be modified from time to time in the discretion of WfWI.
Our global core values define how we are to behave as we pursue our mission, our vision, and our strategic objectives:
- We believe every woman is unique and powerful in her own right. Our people are our greatest strength and we will support them to achieve our aims by providing them with the information, rewards and power they need to take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve our delivery and performance. As a learning organization - we encourage our people to take risks and make mistakes, we learn and grow and get better, stronger and smarter.
- We will never communicate in any way that exploits or demeans the women we exist to serve, we will deliver a program of training that maximizes the impact for the women we serve to bring them the biggest benefits and facilitate the greatest long term positive change in their lives. we do what we say we are going to do, when we say we're going to do it. We act as good stewards of the organization’s resources.
- We believe every woman has the right to be treated with fairness and dignity. we trust each other implicitly, confident in the knowledge that we are all working towards the same goals. Equally, we hold each other responsible and accountable at all levels of the organization for the outcomes of our actions. We will be bold, clear and kind in our communication with our colleagues across the organization and not allow disrespectful behavior to go unchallenged.
- We see every day the strength of women survivors of war and their ability to never lose hope despite having faced the greatest atrocities and horrors of conflict. They inspire us to stay strong, hopeful, focused and committed to our global purpose. We support each other to do the same.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through our career page here: https://www.womenforwomen.org/about-us/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org