E.ON is one of the strongest operators of European energy networks and energy-related infrastructure, as well as a provider of advanced customer solutions for more than 50 million customers. With a total of over 75,000 employees we are represented in 15 countries. By focusing on two sustainable growth areas and with the acquisition of innogy, we are ideally positioned to drive the energy transition in Germany and Europe.
At E.ON diversity matters. We welcome all people and are convinced that differences make us stronger. Become part of our inclusive and diverse company culture!
We are looking for an EU Affairs Manager (f/m/d) in E.ON EU Representative Office Brussels to join our E.ON SE team. If you are interested, please apply by 30/11/2021.
- Monitoring, analysis and evaluation of the relevant EU developments, especially on energy and climate policy;
- The focus is on the individual dossiers of the “European Green Deal”, the EU industrial strategy and other European Legislative packages;
- Establishment of an "early warning system" for relevant political developments;
- Definition and communication of clear company positions in coordination with E.ON headquarters;
- Close cooperation with policy makers in E.ON's European countries;
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with the European institutions (DG ENER, relevant committees in the European Parliament, permanent; representations, etc.) and other relevant organizations (Eurelectric, BDEW, BDI, etc.) as well as industry representatives;
- Drafting position papers, declarations, presentations and speeches on European policy issues that are relevant to E.ON;
- Preparing and leading discussions with associations and EU decision-makers;
- Representation of E.ON in European committees;
- Participation in relevant conferences, seminars and events.
You can expect exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic and international working environment with personal creative freedom, individual development opportunities and an appreciative working atmosphere.Besides a comprehensive economic overall package and variable working hours which contribute to your personal work-life balance we have a canteen in which a large selection of freshly prepared meals is served every day, bistro meeting points and numerous in-house sports offers. So, what are you waiting for? Become part of our motivated and committed team!
We want the job to fit your life situation. Therefore, you can choose to apply in part or full time.
- Advanced degree in European affairs, international relations, energy, law and economics;
- In-depth knowledge of the EU legislative process and the EU internal energy market;
- Experience working with or within the European institutions;
- Relevant work experience in the fields of energy and/or climate;
- Ability to analyze and present complex topics clearly and precisely;
- Ability to produce high quality analysis within tight and competitive deadlines;
- Flexibility and ability to work in a small, fast-paced team;
- Strong communication and social skills;
- German at native level (required), excellent English and basic knowledge of French;
- Advantageous: Other European languages.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org