The Deputy Regional Director (DRD) will support the Regional Director (RD) in program implementation, administration, financial management, personnel evaluation and oversight, strategic planning and business development. The DRD will also serve as acting RD when requested.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to development of regional strategic plans.Supports overall strategic direction.Seeks out business development opportunities;
- Accountable to Regional Director for fiscal management of projects and adherence to contractual obligations;
- Develops and tracks regional G&A budget in collaboration with RD and others as needed;
- Cultivates relationship with peers, subordinates, donor community, Country Directors, field offices, and consultants at large to advance awareness of IFES’ regional reputation and project success;
- Supports team-building collaboration and consensus building across all departments at IFES;
- Supports management of resources to ensure competency in proposal development process.Ensures timely & competitive responses to RFAs and RFPs;
- Conducts performance evaluations of staff & supports recruitment;
- Contributes to development of staff and a high-performance team.Exercises formal actions pertaining to employee relations;
- Contributes to IFES’ KMIs and or other working groups related to IFES’ new strategic or institutional objectives;
- Manages a diverse and expanded domestic and overseas team;
- Represents the regional team at internal project and development meetings and externally to donors and partners at meetings and briefings;
- Works individually and with others in developing written pieces to raise IFES’ visibility as a thought leader.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING:
- Identify risk factors with potential to disrupt achievement of program/project goals;
- Analyze issues, problems or opportunities and propose appropriate courses of action, based on knowledge of professional principles and best practices;
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to track and mitigate risk and its potential impact.
- Ensures the completion of department tasks in a timely manner and within the allocated budget;
- Ensures compliance with IFES, USAID or other donor rules and regulations, particularly with regard to fiscal management for department and regional projects;
- Authority to approve program or project expenses, contracts and purchases, subject to established controls and procedures.
- Manages and maintains collaborative working relationship with senior level stakeholders within and outside IFES to ensure timely and successful achievement of project goals and objectives. Represents IFES in global, regional, national and sub-national events and in international meetings, and at donor events and fundraising activities.
- Department supervision in absence of Regional Director, Provides oversight and management of consultants and field experts.
- Master’s degree in program management, international development, or related fields.
- 10 years minimum experience in program management, international development, or related fields;
- Experience managing a team or department;
- Experienced with budget management and oversight of multimillion-dollar projects;
- Strong managerial and leadership skills and abilities;
- Program design and project management experience;
- Organized and effective time and resource manager;
- Ability to direct staff, prioritize, direct multiple activities in a fluid and dynamic environment;
- In-depth knowledge and experience with USAID and other donor regulations, and procedures.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- Experienced collaborator and contributor to successful proposal development efforts;
- Highly experienced in business development and making sound judgment decisions;
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org