Refugee & Immigrant Self-Empowerment, Inc. (RISE), formerly known as the Somali Bantu Community Association (SBCA), was founded by Somali Bantu refugees in 2004 to ease the transition of other members of the resettled Somali Bantu community living in Onondaga County. With the influx of refugees that comes to Syracuse, RISE remains committed to assisting the diverse refugee and immigrant communities in Onondaga County. Our programs are targeted at promoting self-sufficiency through employment, education, and economic empowerment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Clear plan for recruiting of youth and adults for RISE education programs.
2. Create innovative ways that youth and adults can participate in RISE education programs and ensure retention in the program.
3. Assists in marketing of programs for growth and retention.
4. Create innovative Youth programs that directly impact youth in the refugee community.
5. Continuous development and maintenance of relationships with program partners such as OCC, Le Moyne College, Onpoint, Partners in Learning inc and other related partners.
6. Management of grants related to education programs including performance and reporting per individual grant guidelines.
7. Ability to create and implement fun, engaging developmentally appropriate activities in the areas of common core, character development, project-based learning, life skills, financial literacy, fitness and recreation, academics/enrichment for program participants.
8. Responsible for immediately reporting and documenting any and all injuries or incidents utilizing established RISE procedures for notification to parents and RISE administration.
9. Communicates with RISE administration, staff, parents, and school administration on a regular basis regarding program activities.
1. Bachelor's degree in education or related field, or 5 years equivalent experience
2. International travel experience
3. Experience working with other cultures
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org