Our mission is to provide community-based doula services that will educate, respect and empower black, refugee and immigrant women and their families during pregnancy, birth and into early parenting
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Program/Project Manager
Location: Federal Way, WA, Remote
Reports to Executive Director
Full-time, expected start mid-January 2022
SALARY RANGE: $60,000-$65,000 DOE
The Program Manager, develops, plans, coordinates, and organizes Global Perinatal Service’s Programing and its activities. Provide a strong leadership position and utilize management skills in program tasks. Carry out important operational duties in budgeting and resource allocation procedures, ensuring strategic plan goals are met in a timely manner, and ensuring implementation of policies, procedures, and processes. The Program Manager is expected to find innovative ways to resolve problems and maintain continuous quality improvement protocols for all program activities.
Program/Project Management (93%)
· Daily program management throughout the program life cycle.
· Define the program controls with the Executive Director.
· Oversee the program coordinators and contractors.
· Plan the overall program with activities and monitoring the progress.
· Track and manage each project’s budget, alignment with program budget, and discuss projections as well as expenditures for events, travel, consultants, and other related needs with Executive Director.
· Manage risks and issues and taking corrective measurements.
· Coordinate the projects and their interdependencies.
· Manage and utilize resources across projects.
· Manage stakeholders’ communication (grantees, Executive Director).
· Align the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s strategic plan “outcomes” with the aid of the Executive Director.
Programing and the responsibilities of this position.
· Represent GPS at events, training activities, meetings, conferences, and presentations. This includes, but is not limited to, trainings, public speaking, meeting facilitation, and event coordination.
· Participate in one relevant GPS Committee(s) annually.
· Ensure implementation of policies and practices.
· Submit data to Executive Director on Program activities for written reports provided to the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and funders.
· Respond to essential questions about GPS’s programs.
· Assist the Executive Director with special project activities.
· Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
· Master’s degree from an accredited college or university OR
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with 3-5 years’ experience working as a Program Manager OR Project Manager.
· Preference given to those who have experience working in a 501(c)(3) non-profit or philanthropic organization.
· Experience working with Black/African American communities or diverse communities preferred.
· Experience in managing, delegating, and working with staff and volunteers.
· Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping, and reporting using financial statements.
· Knowledge of and experience in fundraising, database management, and/or grant writing.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
To keep all staff safe the office is limiting in office work to 1-2 days a week.
Please email us your resume and we will follow up shortly. Thank you for your interest in joining the GPS family!
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org