AIR is seeking Project Associates to join our International Development Division (IDD). These positions offer opportunities to gain first-hand project management experience on exciting technical assistance, monitoring, and evaluation projects in low-and middle-income countries.
AIR’s IDD strives to improve the quality of life in low-and middle-income countries by using rigorous monitoring, evaluation, research and technical assistance to enhance education and social development. We work across a wide range of topics including workforce development, agriculture/food/nutrition, early childhood development, education, refugees and migration, social protection, water/sanitation/infrastructure, and women's empowerment in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Central and Latin America as well as the Middle East. IDD generates policy-relevant evidence through rigorous monitoring, evaluations, and research; helps improve program design through continuous learning and adaptation; and works with local organizations, funders, and governments to build sustainable solutions based on evidence.
This position can be remote or located out of any of AIR's U.S. based office locations: Arlington, VA; Rockville, MD; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Chapel Hill, NC or Waltham, MA.
Established in 1946, with headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, AIR is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solve some of the most urgent challenges in the U.S. and around the world. We advance evidence in the areas of education, health, the workforce, human services, and international development to create a better, more equitable world.
The responsibilities for the position include:
- Support program managers in all aspects of implementation of project to ensure timely and accurate completion of deliverables.
- Assist in managing relationships and outreach with partner institutions, including academic, corporate, non-profit, and government partners, and vendors.
- Manage and support administrative aspects of the program including subawards, budgets, invoices, schedules and timelines, meeting organization and notetaking, etc.
- Contribute to the writing, editing and production of program deliverables, including templates and guides for program partners, and program reports.
- Contribute to project monitoring and evaluation, analyze results to inform project implementation.
- Track program expenditures and monitor program budgets.
- Support the International Development team build and improve knowledge management systems related to new business, for example creating and maintaining archives and file sharing systems.
- Prepare texts, tools and products to assist with planning and preparation of proposals (e.g., outlines, templates, checklists, capabilities statements).
- Conduct or contribute to research on business intelligence related to the international group’s work.
- Coordinate proposal work to include preparing timelines, ensuring the proposal team adheres to deadlines, ensuring document completion, organizing meetings and compiling notes, conducting background research, and drafting and proofreading proposal sections.
- Help build and actively maintain and use a database of key business contacts.
- Serve as a core business development team member by working collaboratively on organizational and system improvements, anticipating, identifying and proactively solving problems.
- Assist with other business development tasks as needed.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in international relations, public policy, economics, education, social sciences or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Two to four years of relevant work experience required; experience working on international development programming; experience working in low- and middle-income country contexts is a strong asset
- Background working on education, social protection, agriculture, international labor, women’s empowerment, or international assessments
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) systems, indicator development, and results framework desirable
- Familiarity with the procurement systems and cycles of donors in the international aid, development and humanitarian spaces, such as foundations, USAID, World Bank, UNICEF, UNHCR, and others
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and ability to work under and adhere to tight deadlines
- Excellent cross-cultural and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be a team player and demonstrate a sense of responsibility and sensitivity in dealing with diverse audiences
- Strong writing and editing skills; Ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into a form easily comprehensible to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to research, synthesize, and present information in organized, succinct and compelling ways
- Demonstrated computer skills, Microsoft Office, and interest to learn other software tools
- Language fluency or proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, French, or Arabic is desirable
AIR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a legally required exemption from AIR, as a condition of employment. AIR will ask candidates to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for exemption prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment from AIR
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position. Depending on project work, qualified candidates may need to meet certain residency requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org