Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director for an anticipated USAID-funded Activity in Nepal that will improve the productivity, competitiveness, inclusivity, and resilience of Nepal’s agriculture sector by increasing the availability and accessibility of four critical inputs: improved seed, fertilizer, irrigation, and agricultural equipment. The Activity will stabilize agricultural input market systems, support the GON to prevent the backsliding of competitive input systems, and ensure increased and sustained availability and access to critical inputs during and after the pandemic, and in the face of future shocks. The Activity will reduce the specific barriers faced by women, youth, and marginalized farmers to accessing, utilizing, and benefiting from improved inputs.
Please note that this position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Provide technical leadership to the Activity team to ensure all required and applicable USAID and Feed the Future (FTF) MEL requirements are met on timely basis
- Oversee and guide data collection, management, analysis and visualization, and reporting progress towards indicator targets and results – based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs.
- Lead Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approaches throughout implementation;
- Lead knowledge management and sharing activities within project, with USAID, other implementing partners, and local government agencies;
- Facilitate a collaborative effort across technical teams to develop a learning agenda; document evidence and learning from project activities; and inform sequencing, layering and integration with complementary donor programs;
- Collaborate with complementary USAID- and donor-funded programs to document learning and impact from coordinated activity implementation;
- Build the technical capacity of MEL and technical staff, partners and key stakeholders to ensure compliance and high-quality reporting;
- Design and develop the monitoring, evaluating, learning, and research plan for the project, including selecting and defining indicators, setting targets for all indicators, planning data collection methods, tools, and reporting formats; and lead MEL plan revisions as needed.
- Lead process of data verification and review of data source documentation;
- Develop and put in place efficient and accurate data collection and analysis system and procedures that include efficient processes for collecting and analyzing data and ensuring data quality; and conduct internal DQAs
- Co-facilitate periodic Pause and Reflect sessions to capture learning, introduce improvements, and achieve meaningful results;
- Oversee internal research and evaluation efforts of the project, from the design stage to sharing findings as well as preparing for external evaluations;
- Work with local partners to ensure application of high-quality MEL activities and data collection and provide ongoing supervision and technical assistance to partners, as needed;
- Participate in Winrock International’s Community of Practice for MEL;
- Work closely with the field team and project staff to ensure annual workplans are aligned with the MEL plan to meet annual and life-of-project targets;
- Collaborate with communications team to visualize and disseminate important findings.
Advanced degree in social sciences, such as statistics, public health, public policy, economics or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience managing and implementing complex MEL systems for international development projects, preferably with USG-funded projects;
- Experience managing large MEL databases and conducting timely data analysis and developing reports. SQL database experience preferred;
- Familiarity with Feed the Future reporting requirements strongly preferred;
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Experience designing, testing and managing surveys required;
- Experience with capacity building in MEL required;
- Experience with mobile data collection strongly preferred;
- Proven record of designing and implementing data collection tools including surveys;
- Experience in similar positions focused on agriculture, household resilience, and/or nutrition, strongly preferred
- Experience in Nepal required.
- Familiarity with USG donor MEL requirements;
- Strong training design, training delivery, and facilitation skills;
- Strong research or survey design experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skill in English and Nepali;
- Familiarity using technology for data collection, management and analysis
- Proficiency in word processing, database management, statistical analysis, survey, and presentation software (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org