We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Procurement Assistant for the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF). You will be an integral part of the team of our award winning team, who are experiencing continued growth and development.
Our International Head office is based in Kings Hill, Kent where you will be based part of your time in the office and part of your time working from home.
You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week. Working hours are 9am to 5pm with an hour for lunch but flexibility is available.
At CAF you will be joining a workforce who are passionate about accelerating society’s progress towards a fair and inclusive future for all. We are people focused, driven by innovation and together, we are building a great and safe great place to work.
In return for joining as Procurement Assistant you will receive:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent – on-going training programme
- Excellent pension scheme
- Private Health care cover
- Life assurance
- On-going learning and development
- Annual flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- CAF volunteering day
As our Procurement Assistant your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the procurement system and ensuring the timely processing of Invoices
- Liaising with accounts payable to ensure the timely payment of suppliers
- Raising Purchase Orders in support of the Buyers
- Support the Procurement & Contract Manager
- Expediting outstanding orders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services
- Providing administrative support for supplier reviews
- Maintaining accurate information in Jira and Confluence
- Liaising with approved suppliers
Skills required of our Procurement Assistant:
- Proven experience of a similar purchasing (business) environment 1-2 years
- Some knowledge of sourcing, supplier management
- General office experience
- A minimum 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above including Maths and English, or NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration (or equivalent higher educational qualification).
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Experience in general office and purchasing procedures in particular “Purchase to Pay”
- Able to work on own initiative and undertake unsupervised clerical work
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org