Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
This is a support position that performs a variety of responsible business development assignments on proposal teams and participates in the development and delivery of competitive proposals with several technical program divisions, as well as Contracts and Pricing and Human Resources. The Business Development Coordinator works within the parameters of Creative’s Business Development Policy and Procedures, including Creative’s Style Manual and all company policies, procedures, and timelines to support submissions that are technically and financially sound, responsive, compliant, and of the highest quality.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Business Development Coordinator works under regular supervision on proposal teams, providing responsible support to Proposal Manager(s), proposal teams and senior business development staff. S/he reports to and is typically supervised by a Regional Business Development Director, or designee, though the incumbent may receive guidance from an Associate Business Development Manager, Business Development Manager.
- Coordinate assigned proposal development projects, ensuring the integrity of implementation of Creative’s proposal development process;
- Build understanding of proposal development process and assist with compliance with Creative’s business development policies, procedures, and timelines;
- Coordinate with others across the company and create desired synergies when working on assigned proposals for technical program divisions;
- Be proactively involved within the international development industry and proposal management profession to stay abreast of latest developments, innovations, and best practices.
- Performs a wide variety of support and administrative tasks related to the bid pursuit and proposal development, including setting up and maintaining filing and record systems;
- Supports preparation of proposal kick-off meetings, including requisite documents, calendars, outlines, compliance matrices, etc.;
- Supports Proposal Manager(s) in finalizing teaming arrangements;
- Supports Proposal Manager(s) in ensuring proposals are compliant with client requirements;
- Prepares and sends out documentation for subcontractors; collects required documentation, verifies documents are accurate and complete, tracks missing information;
- Helps Proposal Manager(s) by arranging and setting up meetings, taking notes and preparing reports;
- Tracks progress on recruiting and securing staff, including: develop job descriptions, ensure ads are posted, and review CVs for non-key and local personnel;
- Drafts, reviews and /or formats proposal documents, as needed;
- Tracks progress made in compiling proposal volumes, including all annexes; reports progress regularly to Proposal Manager(s);
- Contributes to pre-bid research efforts, including preparation of desk studies and participation on reconnaissance trips;
- Convenes post-submission debriefing meetings to discuss processes and other issues and prepares written reports detailing lessons learned;
- Contributes to continuous business process improvement, including the revision of the Business Development Manual and creation of new templates and forms; and
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Development, Political Science, or relevant field and at least 1 year of relevant experience
- Strong writing, editing, communications and organizational skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and
- In-depth knowledge and use of database, spreadsheet (Excel), word-processing (Word), document production (Adobe), and presentation (PowerPoint) software.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Developing knowledge of the international development industry;
- Reading, writing and listening skills in a language other than English (preferably French or Portuguese); and
- Experience using SharePoint
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org