The Administrative Program Associate provides administrative and technical support for the implementation of the Conservando Juntos (Conservation Together) project being carried out in the Western Amazon region by Internews' Americas Program Management Unit (PMU) in collaboration with Internews' Earth Journalism Network (EJN). The position will provide support for day-to-day project activities, and perform other tasks as needed.
This is a remote-based position, and preference will be given to candidates in one of the project's focal countries: Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador or Perú. All remote candidates will be considered. However, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some fo the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate's location and where the role is hired.
This is a term position, with an expected term of 12 months. This position may be extended. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Track program expenditures against budget, forecasting for planned expenditures throughout the project lifecycle; produce expense reports and submit vouchers;
- Assist the Project Manager and team with project oversight, including financial tracking and progress towards program deliverables;
- Track grant-related administration such as travel plans, personal service contracts, and service contracts;
- Facilitate partner disbursements with support from project staff accounting;
- Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting of the Program to be revised by the Project Manager and Internews' financial team prior to submission to WCS;
- Prepare invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and payment requests, and complete monthly credit card financial reconciliations;
- Assist in preparation of proposals/reports/budgets; write, edit, proof, revise and assemble finished materials;
- Maintain project documentation (administrative and financial) and keep track of schedules of project development, field reports, and follow-communications;
- Communicate and coordinate with project management and teams, responding to financial questions and providing mentoring and assistance as needed; support the Senior Business Operations Officer, based in the United States.
- Support Program Staff with key administrative tasks as requested such as events and meetings, including coordinating agendas and travel logistics, correspondence and procurement;
- Support budget holders to draft their activity budgets, budget monitoring, and progress reports with direction from manager;
- Responsible for equipment and software pricing, procurement, insurance and shipping to field offices;
- Attend meetings upon request;
- Other duties as assigned; and
- In all duties, demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- One to three years development project experience, including field experience, OR a relevant university degree in administration, international relations, or related field
- Superior analytical and writing ability for proposal development
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience with MS Excel and word
- Experience making complex travel arrangements
- Proven organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment and work effectively within a team
- Experience preparing expense reports and budgets
- English and Spanish proficiency
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org