CNFA is currently seeking a Country Director for Moldova, to be based in Chișinău. The F2F Country Director is an employee of CNFA and reports to the Lusaka, Zambia-based F2F Program Director. Working under the direction and supervision of the Program Director and Program Officer, the Country Director supervises F2F host country employees, travels frequently within the country to maintain relationships with actual and prospective volunteer projects, is responsible for volunteers while in country, and oversees the country budget and deliverables. Additionally, the Country Director is responsible for managing the buy-in project activities which focus on improving market access, supporting organizational and institutional development, and facilitating sustainable knowledge transfer. The Country Director is expected to maintain a strong working relationship with the local USAID office and other key stakeholders, such as the Ministry of Agriculture, public and private agricultural development organizations, and the NGO community.
- Coordination of all F2F volunteer and buy-in program activities within Moldova;
- Identifying potential partners and hosts, providing pre- and post-assignment technical/business assistance to hosts, and communicating closely with hosts to assess their needs, status changes, and satisfaction with the CNFA program;
- Developing volunteer scopes of work and facilitating volunteer and buy-in consultant assignments;
- Ensuring sound systems for monitoring and assessing impact from program activities;
- Preparing comprehensive and quality program documents and reports (including but not limited to weekly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports);
- Developing and maintaining working relations with the USAID Mission, keeping them informed of program progress or issues;
- Preparing for and facilitating the visits of other CNFA staff or official guests, including evaluation teams;
- Updating or developing a security and health plan for volunteers and staff in country;
- Providing training to personnel on project development principles and methodology;
- Conducting regular performance evaluations of staff and making recommendations for improvement and growth, providing close supervision of progress;
- With input from the Program Director, developing annual work plans in line with the overall regional program strategy;
- Supporting new business development efforts, as appropriate, including program design, proposal development, and donor liaison;
- Maintaining annual country budgets to support program activities and monitor expenditures based on allowed budget allocations, and working within the parameters of the CNFA F2F budgeting, reporting, and administrative systems;
- Other responsibilities to be determined by CNFA and/or USAID.
- University degree (preferably in agriculture or a related and relevant field); Master’s degree preferred;
- At least eight (8) years professional experience in international development programs or local NGOs, preferably in agriculture;
- At least five (5) years of experience with proven leadership in managing work teams and executing complex projects;
- Fluency in English required, and in Romanian and Russian preferred;
- Experience in agricultural production, marketing and/or development;
- Ability to network effectively with country agricultural sector stakeholders.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org