Cowater Brussels is currently recruiting a Project Officer to work with the Business Delivery Department in charge of implementing donor technical assistance projects. Working with different Project Directors, the Project Officer will have the responsibility for supporting the detailed financial and technical oversight of projects and support the project Directors during the whole project implementation.
The position entails:
Support to management and implementation of projects
- Contract administration & monitoring (individuals);
- Project Planning and contractual compliance;
- Consultant coordination;
- Editing and reporting support;
- Research for specific project activities; and
- Support project budgeting/budget monitoring and forecasting
- Preparing Payment Requests (analytical accountancy)
- Participating in HR recruitment: management of job publications, screening and follow- up of candidates for ST and NKE positions in projects
- Format project documents, revise syntax as requested;
- Assist the Project Directors in ensuring all reports are prepared and submitted to the Client according to the contract and in a timely manner;
- Provide overall support for new and existing projects;
- Support all components of project start-up, including: staffing, development of operational procedures, etc.;
- Providing logistical support;
- Conduct research from various sources and weave together into cohesive documents;
- Assist in the preparation of communication materials (newsletters, factsheets, infographics and other publications).
- Perform other duties that may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Previous experience in the international development consulting sector is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and French with excellent communication and drafting skills.
- Excellent command of Microsoft applications.
- Strong administrative skills e.g. accuracy, attention to detail, efficiency
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly take on new knowledge and learn new tasks
- Show initiatives and bring new ideas
- Ability to work autonomously and in team-based environment
- Ability to work under pressure, and to adhere to deadlines
- Reliable and flexible.
- Position based in Brussels with potential travels in the field.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by 19 September 2022/as soon as possible.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org