ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Transparency & Compliance Officer position in Baidoa, Somalia.
The Compliance officer is responsible for the implementation of ACTED’s compliance process and follow up of the system and procedures; the Compliance Officer will follow with direct collaboration of FLAT (Finance, Logistics, HR & Admin and Transparency) to set up a proper and regular follow up of ACTED FLAT & compliance system and FLAT folders. Will also be responsible for management and oversee of FLATS/Compliance department and their achievements toward Country Coordination.
- To support the Area Internal audit functions through:
- control, on a risk-based audit approach, the implementation of ACTED’s processes at the capital and area level, in compliance with ACTED’s guidelines, specific donor guidelines, best practices and national regulations and;
- develop and participate to action plans agreed with Area coordination in order to mitigate the identified risks, and to cope with priorities, budget constraints and organizational context;
- Support on external audits and Partner due diligences preparations and follow-up;
- Training, lessons learnt and best practices: provide training sessions to reinforce the compliance levels of Area teams and local Implementing Partners, propose improvement to ACTED’s current procedures, based on lessons learnt and best practices.
- Contribute to Transparency / Compliance Management: Actively promote ACTED’s anti-fraud and whistle blowing policy within ACTED capital and area offices and manage fraud cases upon request of country director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly compliance review
Monitor the compliance process by ensuring that the documentation is sent from the bases to the capital coordination office (documentation by department and by projects/activities);
Ensure regular controls on the quality of the documentation: check the accuracy and consistency of the information in the documents against ACTED procedures and report any errors to the Transparency & Compliance Manager and the relevant department;
Take part in the compliance review process and ensure that the documentation complies with ACTED's procedures through the tool:
- FLA02: Complete the FLA02s on a monthly basis, report any non-compliances, and propose regularization plans and areas for improvement if necessary;
- FLA05: review of invoices and quotes;
- FLA06: review of personnel files.
At the request of the Country Transparency & Compliance Manager, participate in implementing partners’ due diligences and monitor the implementation of risk reduction plans
At the request of the Country Transparency & Compliance Officer, assist in targeted activities (with a compliance issue) of projects to ensure compliance and the existence of supporting documents;
Take part in and report on the implementation of audit recommendations and action plans (AUD05);
To identify and share lessons learned, good practices and improvements in ACTED's procedures, resulting from the compliance review process, internal and external audits;
Carry out on an ad hoc basis any other activity requested by one of the members of the Transparency & Compliance Department;
- Participation in the preparation, the smooth running and the follow-up of external audits
- Ensuring the preparation of external audits, through the review of supporting documents, the identification of possible anomalies and the sending of "Compliance Checklists" (FLA02) to the Country Transparency and Compliance Manager;
- Identify risks, communicate them to the Country Transparency and Compliance Manager and implement corrective measures in conjunction with the department concerned;
- Contribute to the smooth running of the external audit: make yourself available, implement the corrective actions requested, participate in the kick-off and closing meetings of each external audit.
- Support the Country Transparency and Compliance Officer in updating the external audit recommendations tracking file (AUD02) and ensure the implementation of external audit recommendations in conjunction with other departments.
- Participation in the preparation, implementation and follow-up of internal audits.
- Support the Country Transparency & Compliance Manager in the internal audit functions: conduct regular spotchecks, write spotcheck reports and follow up on recommendations;
- Support the Country Transparency & Compliance Officer in following up on internal audit recommendations at the zone and capital office levels (AUD05);
- At the request of the Country Transparency & Compliance Officer, prepare terms of reference (AUD-03) for the conduct of internal audit missions on ACTED bases in the country and have them validated;
- At the request of the Country Transparency & Compliance Officer, plan, organise and conduct internal audit missions, in accordance with the internal audit plan (AUD06) and ACTED's internal audit methodology using the internal audit checklist (AUD08);
- Upon request of the Country Transparency & Compliance Officer, draft the action plan (AUD04B) and the audit report (AUD04A) and have it validated by the T&C Officer before sharing it with the concerned ACTED teams.
- Support the Country Transparency & Compliance Manager in the preparation of the Monthly Compliance Report (FLA04): communicate the information received during monthly compliance reviews, preparation of external audits, support to internal audits;
- At the request of the Country Transparency & Compliance Manager, participate in the updating of the RCM Annexes: AUD02, AUD06, AUD07, FLA00, FLA02, FLA03, FLA05, FLA06.
- A first degree in Commerce Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- Recognized professional qualification in Audits or Accounting is an added advantage.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ similar work experience within a fast-paced work environment. INGO Experience in working is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with project/ donor compliance, specifically documentation.
Other Desired Skills
- Rigour, seriousness, honesty and punctuality
- Be able to work in a team and under pressure
- Flexibility, dynamism, good interpersonal skills
- Sense of fairness and confidentiality
- Sense of analysis and ability to propose solutions to problems encountered.
- Communication and reporting skills.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to work in an international context;
- Strong analytical and coordination skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and external relations;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Independent, adaptable, flexible and hardworking;
- Strong humanitarian motivation and understanding of international assistance.
- Prior experience using basic computer software required, notably in word and excel;
- Previous experience working with a variety of stakeholders in humanitarian or development aid
Qualified Somali Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00pm on 22nd September 2022 with the subject line
“Transparency & Compliance Officer – Baidoa”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org