- You will develop and review environmental documentation and planning submittals for Camp Pendleton.
- You will facilitate a coordinated project approach for the application of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) planning process as it pertains to training, construction, facilities development, and external agency projects.
- You will coordinate tactical environmental planning, acting as the focal point for day to day tactical training/planning and facility land use planning.
- You will provide guidance in all elements of the NEPA planning process, serving in advisory capacity.
- You will meet with federal, state, and local governmental agencies concerning approval of plans, permits and programs concerning Camp Pendleton.
- You will review and keep abreast of current applicable regulations and their local application.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
- You must possess a current valid United States drivers license.
- This position may require occasional travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector that demonstrates the knowledge of planning, ecology, cultural resources, and earth sciences. While also applying knowledge of environmental laws and regulations to ensure accuracy, feasibility and completeness of an organization's resource planning process. Examples of specialized experience may include some or all of the following duties: 1) Developing and reviewing environmental documentation and planning submittals to ensure organizational compliance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) directives; 2) Coordinating multidisciplinary teams (e.g., environmental management, and regulatory communities) in support of an organization's environmental planning process as it pertains to training, construction, and facilities development; 3) Analyzing and assessing impacts of proposed plans on the natural environment and designing solutions to minimize impact to protected resources; and 4) Communicating both orally and in writing with senior officials and environmental regulatory community stakeholders by preparing and delivering briefs, documenting recommendations, representing an organization at conferences, and training staff.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org