Director of Macfadden Humanitarian Assistance Support Contract (HASC).
Amentum is currently seeking a solutions and results-oriented Program Director to support the International Development & Capacity Building (ID&CB) business unit which is part of the International Logistics & Stabilization business area. Our programs serve to the world’s most vulnerable populations in the most challenging environments. The Director of HASC Operations will report directly to the Director of International Development Operations and will be responsible for meeting all contractual requirements, managing the workforce and effectively utilizing all available resources towards the successful accomplishment of operational requirements in a complex environment. The ideal candidate will bring experience in government contracting and USAID combined with exceptional program management skills leading teams through change. The incumbent will need the knowledge, skills and ability to implement best practices, provide excellent client service, and provide a creative problem-solving approach. This position also works to help grow the USAID business within the ID&CB portfolio and will support some initiatives that cross other programs and customers. S/he will mirror ID&CB’s culture of synergy, collaboration, flexibility, adaptability, and growth. Candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Leads, directs, monitors overall project and contract performance of task orders. The individual will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with client’s overall management plan. Provides oversight and executive level management to overall contract operations, often involving multiple projects/tasks and groups of personnel at multiple locations. The individual is responsible for ensuring senior level management within the client organization is aware of overall program status. Coordinates and facilitates the timely submission of financial, performance, and status reports and other reports required by the client.
- Primary responsibility for all aspects of contract execution. Provides overarching management and direction throughout the entire program lifecycle from start up through close out.
- Addresses contractual and technical programmatic issues and works with functional units to prepare modifications and negotiate changes with the customer.
- Track performance metrics develop report formats and prepare reports that demonstrate contract performance for submission to management and the client.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the customer and participate in all customer meetings. Responsible for developing effective working relationships with clients, counterparts, and stakeholders to ensure effective contract management. Drives customer satisfaction with on-time delivery, exceptional performance, and 100% accountability.
- Develops procedures to increase performance by implementing sound quality management processes. Responsible for the development, implementation, and enforcement of SOPs related to programmatic activities, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ensure necessary resources are provided to meet program requirements, directing, controlling, and ensuring procurements are made in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). Monitors program’s progress against the contract and organizational goals and objectives, and ensures they are consistently and adequately met.
- Manages day-to-day performance of subcontractors (if relevant) to ensure quality performance and compliance with contract and company requirements.
- Provides programmatic and personnel supervision and direction, supports new business development efforts and contributes to organizational development strategies and operational solutioning to deliver outstanding services to Amentum client base.
- Manages performance of staff and leads evaluation, performance discussions, proposes increases, etc. Ensures staff receive regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time and opportunity to grow. Promotes staff development through coaching, mentoring, and facilitating professional growth opportunities.
- Resolves staffing and resourcing challenges through creative and cost-effective approaches that are within budget. Actively works with recruitment lead on recruitment of project staff, including developing guidelines (ie. Fringe packages, etc.) scopes of work, and any other requirement to secure the best talent for the position.
- Leverages opportunities for new business development and seek to expand within current customer base. Supports BD team with capture efforts and new business proposal development efforts as needed.
- Provides technical, financial, operational direction and oversees program implementation to ensure on-time delivery of the contract scope of work and seeks opportunities for continual improvement.
- Support development of program deliverables and performs high level reviews and quality control to ensure timely reporting.
- Responsible for budgets and costs, program funding and program financial reporting. Works with BusOps on financial performance, budget management, develops and supervises implementation of strategies to optimize contract profitability and reduce cost overruns and ensures prompt resolution of implementation problems. Improves cost effectiveness of program.
- Ensures Amentum records are maintained, as required in various government automated systems and portals including SAM, GSA Advantage and others.
- Conducts supervisory programmatic site visits to ensure the team is on track and the program is meeting the customer’s expectations and backfills for program/operational leaders as needed.
- Willingness to learn, continuously improve and support organizational initiatives.
- Able to work on different programs with different customers and flex into different roles based on the needs of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 20 years of progressive experience as a program management professional with experience in government contracting and business development.
- At least 8 years of experience in supervisory and/or high-level management positions. A Bachelor’s degree in international development, business or other related field from an accredited college. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with USAID contracting.
- Deep subject matter expertise in federal government contracting, including proposal and contract compliance. Ability to draft and negotiate terms and conditions, scope, cost and price of government contracts and subcontracts using strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proficient financial management, personnel management and sub-award management skills. Demonstrated capabilities to responsibility manage multi-million-dollar budgets and a subordinate work force of 50 to 100 employees.
- Ability to evaluate program financial effectiveness; develop/maintain financial control mechanisms and manage a multiple line-item budget.
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, be very detailed orientated, flexible and have strong organizational and time management skills to effectively collaborate with multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Strong communication and business writing skills and demonstrated experience drafting professional, concise, and persuasive messages.
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and international austere environments as needed (up to 20%).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org