LMI is seeking a skilled event planner at a client site in the Washington DC area. Successful LMI event planner will demonstrate competency in leadership critical thinking, relationship management, and business growth while upholding the highest standard of ethical behavior.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
- Plan events and conferences for national and international visitors to a U.S. government office.
- Organize meals, tours, programs, documents for distribution, audio-visual needs, transportation, translation services and accommodations as required.
- Work in conjunction with a government contracting officer, government sponsors of events, and existing protocol offices to provide support.
- Document best practices and practical guidance in an Event Planning guide for on-going use by the government office.
- Maintain guide over time.
- Bachelor's degree in business, tourism and hospitality, or international relations, or related field. (Required)
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in event planning where events range from 2 to 200 attendees to include best practices in event management and coordination; risk management; financial, legal and ethical safeguards; catering; and meeting and conference planning. Two years experience of executing events inside the Pentagon and in National Capital Region is preferred and should include:
- Knowledge of options within the Pentagon for catering, photography and conference space
- Experience with entry and exit procedures, including proper documentation, for Pentagon guests
- Understanding of International cultural considerations when developing a Washington based visitor program
- Practical knowledge of government and business protocol to include foreign and military protocols and cultural considerations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org