Expertise France est l’agence publique de conception et de mise en œuvre de projets internationaux de coopération technique. L’agence intervient autour de quatre axes prioritaires :
- gouvernance démocratique, économique et financière ;
- paix, stabilité et sécurité ;
- climat, agriculture et développement durable ;
- santé et développement humain.
Dans ces domaines, Expertise France assure des missions d’ingénierie et de mise en œuvre de projets de renforcement des capacités, mobilise de l’expertise technique et joue un rôle d’ensemblier de projets faisant intervenir de l’expertise publique et des savoir-faire privés.
The project is looking for its national project coordinator, who is expected to be Egyptian to ensure smooth implementation of the project and perfect knowledge of the projects’ context and stakeholders.
He/she will be responsible for :
- Management of the team of short-term experts and project assistant;
- Overall supervision of effective implementation of activities;
- In coordination with team of short-term experts, drafting of 6-months work plans;
- Financial supervision of the project;
- Participation to the recruitment of the team of experts, preparing interviews etc.
- Monitoring and reporting of political management and legal developments of interest to the team;
- Coordination with the Paris office.
- Conduction of an inception phase to take stock of the achievements made by the Egyptian authorities, with the support of the JICA, the World Bank and the AFD technical assistance grant, in implementing the reform of the Universal Health Insurance System (drafting of an inception phase report)
- Definition of a project overall strategy of intervention, planning, precise set of activities and activities sequencing;
- Drafting of half-year progress reports and its presentation during PCG meetings and steering committees;
- Monthly project reporting to the Project Manager at Expertise France: advancement of the project, dashboard update, financial execution, relations with the beneficiaries, health assessment of the project etc.
- Representation of the project in the Project Coordination Group, preparation of meetings, Steering Committees presentations;
- Ensure good relations and collaboration with the national stakeholders (MoHP, MoIC, EHA, UHIA, GAHAR, EJU), ensure UHIS stakeholders engagement;
- Representation of the project, in close consultation and collaboration with the Contracting Authority and beneficiary institutions;
- Preparation and animation of workshops;
- Definition of study visits planning;
- Provide support with the research of information and documentation related to the project’s objectives and manage the access to information and documentation for the projects.
Supervision of the technical expertise content:
- Drafting of Terms of References of short-term expertise and organisation of their work
- Review and validation of the technical content drafted by the short-term experts
- Review and validation of the technical approach of the short-term experts in hands-on assistance to the beneficiaries institutions
- Transmission of his/her technical knowledge to the MoHP and beneficiary institutions;
- Supervision / elaboration of Terms of References of Health Insurance systems related activities;
- Supervision / elaboration of various strategic documents produced within Health Insurance systems related activities.
- Planning of high-level events with the support of the project assistant;
- Ensure the editing of web-pages, social networks and other communication activities.
The Egyptian Constitution of 2014 provides for the gradual establishment of a universal health insurance system covering the entire population and whose financing would be based on the principle of solidarity, with each citizen contributing according to his or her income to allow access to health care for all. The law promulgated in January 2018 acts of the implementation of this universal health insurance, in six phases (by group of Governorates) that will allow coverage of the entire territory by 2032.
The effective implementation of the Universal Health Insurance Scheme (UHIS) responds to strategic challenges following the 2011 popular uprisings in Egypt. Faced with rapid population growth, declining labor market participation rates, rising prevalence of non-communicable diseases and deteriorating living conditions (rising poverty), and while the authorities are required to rationalize public spending to ensure the country’s macroeconomic stability, they have made the UHIS one of the cornerstones of their social justice reform agenda.
The Project “Supporting the implementation of the Universal Health Insurance System in Egypt” aims at strengthening the Egyptian government, especially the Ministry of Health and Population and the UHIS stakeholders (the Egyptian Health Authorities, the Universal Health Insurance Authority and the General Authority for Health Accreditation and Regulation) in their efforts towards the implementation of this transformational reform. The Project will mainly consist in improving business processes of the administrations and their coordination, developing monitoring and evaluation approaches and tools to assess the overall performance of the system and capitalizing on the first phase evaluations to delineate guidelines and manuals for the expansion of the system in new governorates. Funded by the French Development Agency (AFD), and implemented by Expertise France, the expertise and exchanges funds (FEXTE) will be starting in November 2022 and last for 18 months.
The project team will consist of a team in Cairo (with offices in the premises of the Egyptian Health Authority):
- 1 Egyptian project coordinator
- 1 Project assistant
- Support / backstopping from Expertise France Headquarters (Paris)
- University Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Health, International cooperation or other relevant diplomas;
- At least 10 years’ experience in the field of social protection and health insurance systems;
- 5 years’ experience as project coordinator;
- Computer proficiency in MS office, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and of messaging and videoconferencing tools;
- Fluency in Arabic and English (both oral and written) required;
- Knowledge of French (written and oral) would be an advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Organisational skills;
- Passionate and engaged;
- Capacity to work independently;
- Team spirit;
- Ready to work in a multicultural environment.
The following experience and skills will be considered as an asset:
- Knowledge of the social protection system of Egypt
- Knowledge of the political system in Egypt
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level;
- Experience of participation in international projects dealing with social reform.
Application deadline: 15/12/2022
Starting date: January 2022
Expected duration of assignment: Until end of December 2024
Location: Cairo and other Phase I governorates
Salary: gross monthly salary depending on experience
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org