BDVA is seeking applicants to fill the position of Communications Manager.
BDVA is an industry-driven international not-for-profit organisation with over 240 members all over Europe. Our members include the biggest European businesses, SMEs, and start-ups alike, research and innovation organisations, and academia. It focuses on industry-driven research and innovation in Data and Artificial Intelligence. BDVA enables existing regional multi-partner cooperation, to collaborate at the European level through the provision of tools and know-how to support the co-creation, development, and experimentation of pan-European data-driven and AI applications and services, and know-how exchange. Together with our members and our collaboration partners, we advance all related areas of Big Data and AI technologies, such as infrastructures, data platforms, data spaces, data privacy, Industrial AI, business models, standardisation, skills, high performance computing and many others. (www.bdva.eu).
Data, data spaces, getting value out of data, AI and new business opportunities to create impact is one of the top priorities in our European economy. BDVA is in the middle of this discussions, having significant collaboration and is over more the 7 years a well-established in this data ecosystems!
The successful candidate is an experienced communications professional with proven knowledge and experience in communications in the field of digital technologies, He/she has graphic design skills and is confident in developing marketing and communications in the digital space. He/she will manage communications and marketing overall (external and internal communications), will support profiling the association members, will prepare marketing and communications materials, policy papers and support project communication activities. She/he will report directly to the Secretary General and will work in a small and dynamic team.
The BDVA Communications Manager performs the following tasks in close collaboration with the Secretary General:
- Strategic Communications: Support the definition and implementation of the association and projects communication strategy. Brand management. Prepare presentations, content for external and internal communication purposes, write news items, blogs, press releases and reports. Digital content management; supporting the organisation of seminars, conferences and summits;
- Developing specific communication services and marketing activities to promote and support the members of the Association;
- Support the organisation of events including conferences, seminars and workshops;
- Graphic and digital design including conceptualising visuals based on requirements, creating images and layouts using design software and testing and implementing graphics across various media. It also includes the creation of digital assets for multimedia and graphic projects, including websites, advertising, animation, emails, social media, etc.;
- Digital Tools: Support to configuration and administration of Digital tools such as the website, CRM, collaborative tools, and any other digital tools need;
- Policy support: drafting of presentations, position papers, consultation responses, press releases, newsletters, regular reports; Preparing regular reports for members;
- Support the BDVA Office team in other tasks such as production of whitepapers, development of internal surveys, monitoring report, project management etc.
Applicants must have the following knowledge and competencies:
- Completed higher education in a related field (Communications, Arts, Computer Science, ICT, Economics, European studies, Political Sciences) with an additional 5 years of relevant work experience as a minimum;
- 5+ years prior experience working in a Marketing or Communications role;
- Proven experience in Communications and Marketing in the field of digital technologies and up-to-date on industry trends in the sector;
- Good knowledge about the functioning of the European institutions. Knowledge of the European Programmes on Research and Innovation, and experience working in European projects is a plus;
- Knowing how to use Adobe’s creative software - specifically Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and/or Photoshop;
- Excellent command of MS Office programmes and able to cope with the administration of some digital tools (CRM, and other end-user IT tools); Experience with CRM platforms, Drupal, and WordPress, is a plus;
- Coding skills, web development and development other digital tools is a very important plus;
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally. Ability to adjust technical content to different target groups and different media;
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines;
- Proactive, critical and flexible profile. Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach;
- Must possess excellent organizational, planning, project management and time management skills.
The working language of BDVA is English and the candidate must be fluent in English. French is a very strong plus. Other languages are a plus. Availability to travel within Europe (10% time).
- A full-time position with a competitive remuneration package;
- An international and multicultural work environment in an exciting and dynamic technological and policy field. Active and growing community;
- Interaction with best experts in the field and possibility to make a difference in making the European Data Economy a reality!
- Flexible working conditions with opportunity for personal initiative and creative. Start-up like environment;
- You will be part of a open and collaborative etc. team and association focussed on impact in and for Europe.
Starting date: January-February 2023
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org