DT Global is driven by a fundamental commitment to one goal: to work in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that transform lives beyond expectations. DT Global—launched in 2019—is built on legacy companies AECOM International Development’s Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities with the aim to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of almost 2,500 staff and experts work in over 100 countries. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. We meet communities where they are on the development spectrum and help them move to where they want to be. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders.
DT Global is seeking a Senior Program Manager. Pending project award, the Senior Program Manager (SPM) will serve as the lead member of the home office project management unit (PMU) within DT Global’s Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition Practice (CPST). . CPST works to counter drivers of radicalization and promote stability to set the conditions for longer-term development via the implementation of programs with diverse governmental clients worldwide. The selected candidate will support the strategic growth of DT Global’s portfolio of projects with USAID and USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI), as well as business development for future awards.
The SPM manages client contracts, supports project field operations, and coordinates home office project management. The Senior Program Manager manages overall operational, contractual and financial management of multiple projects and management of field office operational staff. S/he serves as DT Global’s operational representative to client technical representatives and contracting officers for one or more projects as well as the overall leader for implementation of the project contract(s). The SPM will lead the home office PMU and all home and field office activities, ensuring effective and efficient coordination between the two offices. The SPM is responsible for supervising multiple Program Managers, providing guidance, training, and coaching as a manager of managers as part of the PMU. S/he also plays a lead role in business development from capture through live phases, including information gathering, technical approach, and partnering. The SPM will report to the Director or the Practice Area Vice President.
Project Delivery and Technical Excellence
- Responsible for overall project management for multiple projects; from award through closeout, including contractual compliance, financial management, and oversight of project personnel and subcontractors. Serve as primary problem solver across project(s) and is the Chief of Party’s counterpart in the Home Office.
- Responsible for overseeing all home and field office collaboration activities and ensures effective and efficient coordination between the two offices. Manage multiple USAID and other donor-funded projects and responsible for overall project performance to ensure their successful completion within budget and scheduled time frame, from award through closeout. Serve as a DT Global representative to USG clients at senior levels throughout the project life cycle, including startup and closeout meetings; regular correspondence regarding implementation progress; as-needed problem solving; and delivering presentations on the project to a variety of actors.
- Manages resources supporting assigned projects to foster collaboration of technical and project management experts
- May be assigned with directly supervising the Chief of Party of designated program, including regularly discussing program performance and professional successes and challenges and conducting annual performance evaluations.
- Support project start-ups and closeouts as needed, including regularly traveling to the field to support project initiatives and backfill project leadership, as necessary.
- Monitor consultant and subcontractor performance; ensure agreements and deliverables are achieved and performance timelines are met.
- In conjunction with the contract’s representative, takes accountability for project processes including contractual quality assurance and compliance.
- Ensures that technical work plans are executed.
- Train, coach and supervise multiple Program Managers.
- Manage team dynamics and workload; communicate with senior management regarding resource needs.
- Oversee formatting and submission of all project deliverables to DEC or the Prime Contractor and proper archiving.
- Supports PMU’s efforts to ensure financial goals are met.
- Assume a lead role in the preparation of new business proposals from capture phase through live solicitation, which includes participating in pipeline discussions to determine bids to pursue.
- Lead proposal development, including technical approach, staffing, and partnering strategies and negotiations, and decisions on information gathering trips, and oversee cost development.
- Lead scoping and information gathering trips for anticipated and live proposals and guide staff and consultants supporting research efforts.
Leadership and Staff Management
- Provide guidance and mentorship to staff
- Create a collaborative environment that empowers staff to demonstrate the values of DT Global each day;
- Coach direct reports on performance improvement across the full spectrum of program management, business development, and practice management; and,
- Set an example as a leader by holding yourself and staff accountable, communicating professionally, being a team player, and supporting the development of staff.
Learning and Innovation
- Proactively engage in self-driven professional development and growth activities.
- Contribute to DT Global’s learning agenda; and innovation efforts
- Incorporate learning best practices into all aspects of work for broad organizational learning.
Education and Experience, Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including International Relations, Political Science, Government, Business, International Development, or relevant work experience required.
- A minimum of 8-10 years direct USAID project management and support experience, responsible for overseeing project implementation and business development initiatives.
- A minimum of 4 years supervisory experience
- Substantial experience in managing international donor projects and extensive knowledge of donor regulations and policies (including AIDAR and FAR), especially as they relate to contracting and procurement.
- Solid background in managing multiple large programs, including overseeing complicated budgets.
- Proven experience with MS Office applications Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to serve as in-country Deputy Chief of Party in the event of a vacancy or absence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work independently and effectively lead multiple teams.
- Strong communication, financial management and leadership skills.
- Long-term field experience working outside the US, particularly in developing countries, required.
- Knowledge of U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and/or other relevant regions.
- Ability to travel and work overseas on short term technical assignments up to 25%, at times with very short notice.
- Experience living and/or working abroad;
- Previous staff management experience;
- Fluency in Arabic, French, Spanish, or Russian preferred;
- Experience with project start-ups and/or closedowns preferred; and
- Experience working with multiple donors (USAID, UK, Canadian FCO, German MFA) preferred.
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org