At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee’s specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
About The Job: The Associate of Business Development supports the efficient functioning of the unit, which includes the Business Development unit, the Cost and Pricing unit, and the Foundations and Strategic Pratnerships unit. The Associate, BD, supports the team in the business acquisition process beginning with donor engagement through award negotiation.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Team Management (50%): Provides administrative and logistical support as needed, including consultant procurement.
· Knowledge Management and Analysis (25%): Maintains the Business Development pipeline, which includes donor tracking and go/no-go coordination.
· Positioning, Capture and Proposal Development (15%): Supports efforts for Corus to maximize competitiveness through pre-bid research, proposal tracking, and proposal coordination.
· Capacity Building (10%): Plans and facilitates training sessions for staff on business development capacities.
Location: Washington, DC or Baltimore, MD
About The Ideal Candidate: If you have an interest in in the business development cycle, are comfortable leading desk-research, and have experience in international development, we would love to meet you! Corus is looking for a candidate who is passionate about strengthening the Business Development team, and comfortable working across Corus departments to navigate towards solutions to proposal development challenges.
· Fluency in French, Arabic and/or Spanish preferred.
· Willingness to travel internationally, at least 10% of the time to countries where Corus works.
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Corus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org