Cosmetics Europe, the Brussels based European trade association of the cosmetic and personal care industry, has an immediate opening for a: Public Affairs Manager.
You will be:
- Supporting the development and implementation of integrated public affairs strategies with focus on stakeholder engagement across priority issues of relevance to Cosmetics Europe;
- Executing the EU advocacy strategies and campaigns to support Cosmetics Europe’s goals;
- Building and maintaining trusted relationships with politicians, policymakers, non-governmental organizations and other EU stakeholders;
- Supporting the Cosmetics Europe network of national associations in EU advocacy activities;
- Supporting effective internal member communication, driving activities and coordinating with Public Affairs experts including regular meetings and conference calls.
You have a:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in public affairs, including in either a European institution (ideally with experience of working on advocacy with or in the European Parliament), a corporation, consultancy or trade association environment;
- Demonstrated experience of best practice EU advocacy and stakeholder engagement;
- Strong understanding and experience of the EU stakeholder environment and EU policy-making processes (ordinary legislative procedure in particular) and key issues impacting the cosmetics and personal care sector;
- Strong advocacy, communication (verbally and in writing) and interpersonal skills, extensive experience of relationship-building and stakeholder engagement;
- Excellent track record of stakeholder engagement capabilities on complex issues;
- Ability to work in complex, cross-functional teams from a wide range of disciplines;
- High personal accountability and integrity combined with the ability and experience to communicate to shape policy and decision-making at a senior and strategic level;
- Collaborative working style, high commitment and motivation;
- Fluency in spoken and written English (working knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage);
- Work permit for the European Union.
- An open-ended contract/full time basis;
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits package;
- A challenging position of in a motivated and international team;
- A wide portfolio of responsibilities and opportunities within a strong and dynamic consumer goods industry sector.
Please send your résumé and a short (max 1 page) cover letter outlining your motivation for this position.
Applications must be received by close of business on May 22nd, 2023.
Only successful candidates fulfilling all the requirements will be short-listed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.
Telephone enquiries cannot be answered.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org